Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who knows about kitchen faucets?

We have a Moen single handle kitchen faucet, the handle has gotten loose. Is there a way to tighten it? Do we need to get a new faucet? This one is only three years old. The insides are plastic, outside is stainless. Thank you.

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    On most Moen single handle kitchen faucets there is an escutcheon plate on the top of the lift up handle that must be pulled off to access the philips screw that holds the handle tight to the cartridge. If you remove this small plate and tighten the screw or the screw won't tighten any more and the handle is till loose, then you'll most likely need a new faucet. Sometimes the spigot part gets loose on the main stem in the center and can't be retightened. Personally I prefer Delta faucets.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Moen has an 800 # you can call. I'm sure you'll find it by googling Moen. If there's a replacement part required, you can probably get it for free by calling that #; their faucets are guaranteed for as long as you own that home. However, if your faucet is currently leaking, you might describe the problem to their customer service folks, find out what part is needed and purchase it at Home Depot or Lowes. They stock many parts for the faucets they sell. Good luck!

  • 6 years ago

    Kitchen faucets are available in a wide array of installations, styles and finishes. Choose from centre set, single hole, two hole or wall mount configurations. Kitchen faucets generally include a deck plate or inserts to accommodate use with three or four-hole sinks. Handle designs vary from solid levers and crosses to loops and knobs, while spout designs vary from high arc with 180° swing to low arc with pullout spray wand. A greater variety of spout designs can be found among two-handle faucets as the spout is unhindered by the temperature adjustment control. Faucet finishes are abundant and can give your kitchen that sought after customized feel. Some popular finishes include chrome, stainless steel, blackened/ bronze, nickel and more. Look for a faucet backed by a strong warranty; many faucet manufacturers provide lifetime guarantees against tarnish.

  • 1 decade ago

    Most have an "O" ring on the base of the handle. If there is a knurled cap where the handle meets the main part of the faucet, turn it an see if it unscrews. May also just be loose and need to be tightened. You can also go to for help.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    I've done this for myself and friends, take that cover off and find whats loose or broken, if something is broken or worn out on a Moen facet they send you the free parts in the mail,

    find the booklet from moen and search out what part needs replacing and give them a call.

  • 1 decade ago

    small little cover on the inside part of faucetpry it off use an allen wrench take off the handle and look at it is the cartrige good or is it just loose might have to replace cartrige there easy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.