Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 1 decade ago

How do i find out when my 2 year contract is up for my cell phone? i have verizon. ?

Does the 2 year contract start when you activate your first phone on your line? or does it start when you buy the phone? or maybe it just starts when you buy a new line. im not sure. please help. is there a way on the verizon wireless website where i could find out when mine ends?

Favorite Answer

ur 2yr contract starts when u first sign up for svc.when u agree to buy ur phone at a discounted rate, thatshow u get hooked. no if u had bought the phone outright u ouldnt be nder contract at all. i would say call verizon to see when ur contract is up. when ur contract is up u have the power and control. they have to give u a reason every month why u should stay w/ them. i agree w/the last bloggers make sure they dont try renew ur control w.out u knowing. these cellphone companies will try to trick u.

What I did was Add another line to get the phone and put the Old phone in a drawer at home and turned it off. It costs me $9.95 per month more for the New Line and did Not Extend My Contract.

just call or go to one of the stores

you can usually update and get a new phone a few months before the actually day

you have to either sign up for an online account, or ring them. cell phone companies are sneaky and will renew you contract without your knowledge. for example, they will renew your contract when you change address.

• Power

just call them & they will give you the date

go to the store you bought it from and ask that question..