why do my home heating and air unit blow heat then ice cold air when I have the thermostat on heat/auto?

I don't understand why my home heating unit blow out heat then ice cold air. When I have the thermostst set to a degree and heat. Please help me with answers

My home was built in 2004 so it's fairly new that's why I didn't expect this to be happening.

Favorite Answer

There is an adjustment that can change the temperature of the air when the furnace blower shuts off. (For the most efficiency, the blower will continue to run until all of the heat is extracted, which is why you feel cold air.) On late model furnaces these setting and adjustments are on a printed circuit board within the furnace. You could probably study the owners guide and figure out how to make the change, it's not rocket science, however a service company will have a couple of test instruments you don't and can check to make sure the board is functioning properly.

If you already have the thermostat set to auto, then you may need to adjust the fan/limit switch in the furnace (this applies to older furnaces). The fan limit switch is located inside the furnace cabinet. The furnace blower should be set to turn off at around 95 degrees; any lower than that, and the air will feel cold. For safety, these adjustments should be done with power to the furnace turned off at the breaker.

check your filter its kicking out fan limit not getting enough air across heat strips or your evap coil is clogged fan limit could be bad try the filter then call a tech

I don't know Latasha. I've noticed the same problem. I checked all my duct work under my house. All is insulated, taped properly, no holes, no gaps at connections. I would like to know also.