SAIP asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

Multiple anti spyware, malware adaware programs ?

I have downloaded a few freeware anti spyware malware and adware cause i cbf to buy something. Right now im on Vista, and i have

1) OneCare (Came free with computer)

2) AdAWARE2008 (my first freeware i downloaded :])

3) MalwareBytes (Friend gave me this

4) Spybot - Search and Destroy

5) AVG Antivirus free

6) Avira Antivirus Personal

So i was wondering if that is bad for my computer? and is it ok to have them all sanning at one time?? or do i have to make them scan seperately each time?

Update:

Oh yeah, if you wanted to know where i got them from, it was from a microsoft website link..

http://www.download.com/windows/3055-8022_4-108444...

Here :) have fun and thanx for answerin

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You may only have one antivirus

Having more than one antivirus will use up more memory and will cause alot of false positives

You can have more than one antispyware though

So here is what you should do

You can keep Malwarebytes AntiMalware(awesome program btw)

Spybot Search and Destroy

Adaware 2008

No conflicts there

But the conflicts are

OneCare

AVG antivirus free

Avira Antivir Free

It's your personal preference on what two programs you should uninstall

• 1 decade ago

I highly recommend Antispyware Bot to you: http://www.antispywarebotonline.com/

AntiSpyware BOT was created by the industry’s top professionals to protect your privacy and to ensure optimal system performance. By locating, eradicating and preventing malicious spyware infestations such as spybot parasites, spyware, trojans,adware, botnet's, and other forms of malware, AntiSpywareBOT is able to provide its users with a spyware-free computing environment. AntiSpywareBOT users also enjoy the benefit of the software’s Active Protection technology, which automatically updates the AntiSpywareBOT software to ensure comprehensive, up-to-date spyware protection.

Download Antispyware Bot for free: http://www.antispywarebotonline.com/

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

you have been contaminated via VirusHeat, a rogue anti-secret agent ware application. VirusHeat is designed to exhibit device warning messages affirming that your device has detected countless lively secret agent ware applications. VirusHeat can provide shoppers to purchase an entire version of this methodology to do away with the detected secret agent ware infections; pushing you to tug out your credit kind and placed funds right into a product that doesn’t promise what it alleges to grant. I recommend you do away with VirusHeat. attempt a unfastened removing utility, at the same time with SmitFraudFix.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You must only EVER have one anti-virus running at a time. Just running 2 causes each to see the other as a possible attack and blocks it. This reduces security by up to 60%.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.