. . . asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Hoe long to I boil eggs to make hard boiled eggs?

Favorite Answer

This is how I do it...

I put the eggs in the pan and put in just enough cold water to cover the eggs completely (maybe about a half-inch more water above that) I put the pan on the burner on high until it's boiling pretty good. Then I turn it down to a medium-high heat for 10 mins.

After that 10 mins, I immediately put the pan in the sink and run cold water into the pan for a good 4-5 minutes to cool down the eggs.

I've always had perfect eggs this way and I have never had that greenish-grey ring around the yolk that you get sometimes, which is a sign of over-cooking.

Hope I helped! :)

EDIT: This is how I do it for your standard, large eggs. If you're boiling jumbo/extra large eggs, I'd maybe increase the time to 12 mins.

About 15 or 20 minutes. Depends how cold the eggs are and how many in the pot. Put them in, covered with water, bring to a boil.. start timing and turning the heat down to a wiggle type boil.. barely boiling. and time it for 20 min.

Immediately after 20 min plunge them into boiling water. Take them to the sink.. put pan in sink.. add cold water dump it out.. add cold water dump it out till you feel the eggs have really cooled down. This will keep them from getting that green ring around the yolk and whites.

Source(s): me 40 + years of cooking

Cover the eggs with cold water. Bring to a boil on the stove. Cover the pot and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Run under cold, cold water for a couple of minutes. Peel and do with them, what you want.

15-25 minutes. So i'd say safe bet 25 minutes. So put egg in bowl and fill with water (covering eggs in water, but remember sometimes they'll float) and then turn heat up to high and watch. Don't let too much water evaporate though of egg is above water just add some more water.

then let it cool or use a spoon and put eggs in a glass of ice water to cool down faster and voila!

i think what u do is put the eggs in a pot filled with water

( a small one but that depends on how many eggs u use)

then put on you cooktop thinngy

to high

{ if u hav a gas oven i think the simble is a big flame }

then you leave them there to the water boils and goes bubley!

then once that happens u take them out!

EXTRA NOTE::: if u put them in the fridge they get cold and the inside gets hard, and you can use them in salads once u peel the shell off and cut them up!

Source(s): hope this helped
  • rml313

let them boil for 10 minutes

45 minutes

Source(s): ~The Fat Man

12 min

The answer would be the same as the last 10 times I have answered it. Look in previously answered questions or open your cookbook and look.

10-15min