Amsterdam, Krakow, Prague or Berlin?

Planning on taking a trip with my girlfriend in Feb/Mar to either Amsterdam, Krakow, Prague or Berlin.

I've been to Amsterdam before and really liked it but very expensive. Don't know much about the others but heard they are good.

Looking for somewhere not too expensive, with good clubs and a good feel about the city, I loved the architecture in Amsterdam and heard Prague is similar.

I've hear Krakow is cheap and really good fun. A polish friend of mine said to go to Dansk, that it is better, but only in the summer...which isn't much help.

I'm looking to go away for a long weekend (4 days/3 nights) and bring about £300/£400 to spend with me max. Don't want to have to fork out too much on a hotel either if possible!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Krakow and Prague are quite low priced.

The architecture is great in both places. Krakow is good for a long weekend, you can always take day trips to Oświęcim (Auschwitz) and The Wieliczka Salt Mine.

Prague is worth a week or more.

Spend the time up front to find condos to rent near the old town in both cases. I've done that and it is very convenient, much better than a hotel, close to the old town, more room, and cheaper. You can get great place for less than £100 per nite.

meals will be about £50 or less.

Contact me if you want more info.

• 1 decade ago

i have ever been to berlin prague and amsterdam, i think berlin is the best. it is not too expensive and cool!! i hv been there 3 times becoz i like it

the night life, the building, the city, the culture, the food, the people, the history

from berlin you can also go to park sanssouci, beautiful palaceS (lots of palaces in that park).

although prague is the cheapest.. yap amsterdam i think is the most expensive.

yap prague has good architecture as well, more or less.

i think it is enough.. about 500-700€ in berlin for 4 days.

you should have taken youth hostel that cost very cheap, about only 20€ per person per night

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Berlin provides an eclectic mix of new and common structure, vibrant entertainment, buying, and a wide variety of sports and ethnic institutions and if you intend to see after that it that hotelbye is the area to start. Some of the points you can see listed here are: the Old Museum, the National Gallery, the Bode Museum, Old National Gallery or, the image of Germany, the Berlin Wall. This wall started his life in 1961 when East Germany sealed down the eastern the main city to base the ton of refugees from east to west. By enough time it was damaged down in 1989, the 4 meter high wall and 155 kilometres extended, dissected 55 streets, and possessed 293 observation systems and 57 bunkers. Today, only small stretches with this graffiti-covered travesty remain, including a 1.4-kilometer grow maintained as part of the Berlin Wall Memorial, a cooling memory of the animosity that after divided Europe.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Venice is really a fantastic cliché, more romantic, more lovely and more shocking than you might expect. No matter just how many photos or films you could have observed, it is still a jaw-dropping knowledge viewing Venice's canals and palaces for the very first time and that you would do with the aid of this site hotelbye . Certainly Venice's best-known church and one of the most quickly recognized on earth is St. Mark's Basilica (Basilica di San Marco). This basilica was formerly the Doge's individual chapel, furnished with Byzantine art secrets that are the main booty cut back by Venetian vessels following the drop of Constantinople. The gold-backed mosaic images over the gates on the façade only trace at the mosaic artistry inside, where 4,240 square yards of silver mosaics protect the walls. So, the St. Mark`s Basilica is a place worth visited.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Definitely Krakow, probably cause I'm Polish so that would explain my answer, but I thought Prague was beautiful and would love to go back there. I would do Prague or Krakow.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Prague has been regarded as one of the most wonderful cities on earth since Middle Ages and you know maybe not lose the opportunity to view it, with hotelbye . Adjectives such as “golden“, “town of one hundred spires“, “the crown of the world“ were attributed to Prague and for a reason. The Historic Centre of Prague that has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1992 and with its 866 hectares is the biggest traditional city heart with this number on the planet and this is just one of the beautiful areas Prague has to offer.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Budapest has a great deal to offer, uncover what with hotelbye . Museums and galleries, churches and synagogues, palaces and ancient houses, baths and pools; each one is presented together with the effect of Secession in the city. In Budapest you will have the distinguished sensation that something from the ordinary is simply around the corner, but what it will soon be is your responsibility to locate out. One of many areas you should see in Budapest is towered within the Danube and is the Castle Hill. Castel Hill includes lots of Budapest's most important medieval monuments and museums. Also, certainly the most magnificent of the remarkable structures could be the 18th-century Buda Castle, a huge 200-roomed palace that, like much of the city, is spectacularly illuminated at night.

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Amsterdam may be the capital of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, is certainly one of the most used tourist destinations in Europe; and you are able to visit it from with hotelbye . with its universities, academies, and research institutes, along with more than 40 museums, numerous theaters, and entertainment locations, Amsterdam is the country's major cultural middle and an excellent place to invest your holyday. In addition, Amsterdam can also be famous for their historical homes, presented in a pattern of concentric pieces in the form of a fan. Are some 6,750 buildings relationship from the 16th to 18th centuries are packed into an area of 2,000 acres, dissected by 160 canals, themselves house to numerous houseboats.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ive been to amsterdam and like you say its exspenive and prague can be cheap if you to the right places. krakov and berlin i havnt been but i would go berlin b4 krakov only coz they speak good english there and you shouldnt have any trouble filling your days. for a cheap hotel have you considered a hostel you can get a private room.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Prague in czech republic is also very cheap and its a very nice historic city especially in the winter its very romantic at night.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.