Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

I have 6 surround sound speakers for my computer BUT....?

only one of them works. Why is this? I have tried adjusting settings and i cant undderstand why only one works

Update:

but how do i adjust the settings idk if im doing it right????

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you need to have a sound card that supports surround sound

• 1 decade ago

If you using Win XP. In Control Panel click on Sound and Audio Devices.

When it's properties appear it's showing 2 Advanced button in Volume Tab.

Click on Advanced showing on bottom line.

When a window called Advanced Audio Properties open.

Click on Speakers Setup drop down menue and select your Speakers type Surround Sound Speakers, 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers and more.

And Apply.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Xp

Right click volume icon on the taskbar > adjust audio properties > audio tab click settings under speaker set-up and choose 6 surround sound fom the drop-down menu

• Adjust the sound in your surround sound settings. It should be part of the control panel or a separate program depending on your system.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i have 6 too! well all you have to do is adjust the settings on your sound system. once it's plugged into the computer that's it. if only one speaker works you have to change the settings ont he sound system. mine allows me to use 2 speakers, or 4 or all 6.

• 1 decade ago

hi it sounds to me like you my have a problem with the speakers them self,as even if you did have the set up wrong like all the remarks you ve received suggest you should at least have two speaker working min as the default setting is for two speakers.try disconnecting the wire from the speaker that does work and connect a wire from another speaker if it works simple its your set up.if it doesn't then it is your speakers

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

go to your sound setting

and select 5.1 surround

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Click on sound manager?? and see what you have there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

there fault u need to take them back to the shop right away!!!!

• 1 decade ago

HOW DO U HAVE THEM HOOKED UP

THATS THE FIRST THING

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.