What can I do with a teaching (k-6 regular, k-12 sped) and a nursing degree? Any jobs that combine those?

I have a year left in my Elementary Education with a certificate in cross cat program, but I'm thinking about finishing up my nursing degree as well. Are there any jobs that I can apply both these to? I thought about nursing teacher, but you don't even need a teaching cert. to do that. And I'll be a little ticked if I've wasted 4 years on an education degree :p

• Best Answer

The Internet is a wonderful invention. If you take your subject of your question and add to what you want to know about it, the search engine will do the rest. For example:

My subject is Teaching. I want to know where to get certified.

The search engine result is as follows:

Teaching + state certification requirements

What you get is this: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Teachin...

This will work for any subject category. Give it a try and good luck.

You'll be even MORE ticked if you become a school nurse.

You need to pick one.

Both jobs are very hard and stressful, but the nursing job pays more usually. Go be a nurse, and if you hate it, get a job as a teacher.

Source(s): I'm a teacher.

Be a school nurse and teach the health program. You are sure to get a job that way. Two birds with one stone...

School Nurse - or your nursing degree would come in handy working with high needs special ed. because you are more likely to be able to respond to their physiological needs as well as educational needs.