Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Can anyone help me find out the name of this movie?

I watched this movie a loooong time ago when I was younger. It kinda feels like I even dreamt it up but whatever. I think it's an actual movie. All I know is that it was a scary movie. I probably watched it about 10 years ago (I'm 18 now). All I remember from the movie was the main character was "Norman" and I can still hear his mother (I think) saying his name in my head. I think he was a killer. I'm not sure. I've looked at all the "Psycho" movies but none of them were right...

Yes. I checked all the "Psycho" series. None of the main characters looks right. I know for sure it wasn't Vince. I'm going to double check all of the ones beforehand again though... *sigh*

I checked out some of the scenes on youtube... and you were correct MystMoon. Thank you. I guess I was one of those people who skipped over the TV one.

Oh and yea. When I can choose best answer you will be sure to get it Myst.

Favorite Answer

Some people miss this one, which has a flashback story to a young Norman Bates:

Psycho IV: The Beginning (1990 TV movie)

starring Anthony Perkins, Henry Thomas as young Norman, Olivia Hussey as his mother, CCH Pounder

IMDb review:

It's been four years after Norman was taken back to the asylum. He's no longer living at his motel but has a new home with a new lifestyle. He's married to a medical doctor who cares for him and know he's cured. But on the night of Norman's birthday, he is listening to a radio show about "What makes boys kill their mothers?". He decides to call up to be interviewed. Norman for the first time tells about his past on public radio. We see flashbacks of him as a child and a teenager during the 1940s-'50s. And we get to learn more about his mother, Norma Bates, and why Norman killed her in the first place. Norman suffers from remembering his bad moments and mentions he may kill again, as he fears his wife may give birth to a child who might become the next psychotic killer.

Here's a video from YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhCGosmj6zA

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

EDIT: There is a loosely related movie, a pilot film titled "Bates Motel" aka "Psycho House: Bates Motel" (1987). Some fans like to check out this one:

IMDb synopsis:

Alex West (Bud Cort) is a man whom roomed with Norman Bates at the state lunatic asylum for nearly 20 years. After the death of Bates, Alex finds that he's in Norman's will as the inheritor of the Bates Motel, which has been vacant since the time of Norman's arrest. Alex travels to Fairview, California, and, with a little help from a teenage runaway named Willie (Lori Petty), Alex struggles to re-open the motel for business, only to have strange goings-on happen. Is someone trying to drive him away, or is the motel really haunted by the ghost of Norman's mother?

Also in the cast are Moses Gunn, Gregg Henry, Khrystyne Haje, Jason Bateman, Kerrie Keane and Robert Picardo.

TRIVIA:

The original house and motel exteriors were used for the production. The alterations that took place in the film remained until 1993 on the Universal Studios Hollywood Tour.

YouTube has some clips, but none are in English. I remember seeing this TV movie but don't think I videotaped it, which is unusual for me. I'm such a hoarder of miscellaneous TV!

did you check the psycho remake they did around 10 years ago with vince vaughn

a movie about a young boy raised in a boys@girls home, but becomes a so-called doctor and head of the home after he grows up

• Catherine5 years agoReport

Need the name of a movie about a young boy raised in a home for girls and boys who is taken under the head doctors wing and after he grows up becomes a so-called doctor and head of the home Need help ?