My daughter had a blunt force trauma to her lower posterior ribcage a couple years ago.?

She lives with her father and was with him when this accident happened. He did not take her to the doctor even though she was complaining that it hurt. I only found out about it a year ago, and she has told me on several occasions that it's sometimes hard to breathe and it feels like it's coming from that area. I looked up the human ribcage and it seems like it's the bottom of rib 8, 9 or 10. Does anyone have any experience with this type of injury? I am planning to take her to the doctor myself this week, but I'm very worried. So if anyone has any input, I'd appreciate it.

1 Answer

  • Dr. K
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    There's little we could do to correct that type of injury where the ribs have misaligned and causing the thoracic vertebra to possibly misalign as well, especially one this old. In a case like this, I recommend you seek a special chiropractor who can reposition both bones into place. They are the very best of the profession and I've referred many to them with great success.

    Source(s): Dr. K
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.