chances of getting into MIT!?

hey, i am a asian female senior, ranked 4 of 470. taken 10 ap classes. made all A's all 3 and a half years but one B. has SAT of 2090, verbal 670, writing 670, math 750. SATII Math II 720, biology M 680. 2008 intel ISEF finalst, regional science fair grand winner. founder of volunteer based club, published 6 times in chinese newspapers. conducted 3 years of laboratory research, also send in a mentor recommendation (very positive). so what are my chances of MIT early action? thanks

well, i just want to get in, scholarship would be good but considering my scores, i am not hoping for them.

how about U. of Chicago early action, i did that too.

• Ashley
    Best Answer

if your SAT score was 300 points higher, I would say that you have a pretty good chance at getting in. Your math score is pretty high so I suggest you apply anyway. Good job with the Intel finalist thing though... it seems really prestigious

It depends on your age. If you are a senior, it will be harder to get in. As a junior, your chances are very high. What do you know, looks like more than 1 person wants to get into MIT! Well I'm only in middle school and my family has a huge legacy there, so I think I have a decent chance of getting in (I'm recognized by developers at Sun Microsystems, and speak C++, HTML, some JavaScript, Python and Basic). So yea... Good luck!

You said you were in some sort of Intel contest.. Just wondering what this is cuz I am looking for any competition in the computer programming/ design world.

Your chances are good. But it depends, are you basing your decision on the scholarships you will get? If so, then you probably won't end up going to MIT, because honestly there are too many ppl who are #1 and have higher SAT... but dont worry, and be proud of what you have accomplished!

• jb

Well, they bend for women and she does have a competitive mathl score so it's possible. Wish the mathll score was higher though.

You have made me no longer want to apply to M.I.T, because with geniuses like you applying I have no chance whatsoever.

Of course you'll get in.

Decent? Id apply

slim since youre asian...no offense

but all you guys are smart, so itll be alot harder to choose from

hope you get in tho ;)

Forget school.......go back packing in Europe and bring plenty of shrooms !

daaang, you got a boyfriend ?