mill asked in Games & RecreationCard Games · 1 decade ago

How long does a game of poker usually last?

not tournament, just a get together game

Favorite Answer

Of all my friends some like card games and some don't. If you have a group that likes card games then a 6+ hour poker orgy is not an unrealistic expectation. However, if these people don't have any special interest in poker, anywhere from 2 to 3 hours has been my experience before people lose interest, have to leave, etc. Also, if they are new to poker expect every hand to take about five minutes (no joke) to play. People will goof around, forget it is their turn to act, forget to post blinds, take forever to deal, and think that they have to play every pot down to the river card. If you have more than six people and most are newbies each hand will take an excruciatingly long time. If these people are new to the game, treat your first few get togethers as your friends' introduction to poker and don't expect to have too great of a game because their heads just won't be in it.

Long Poker

I'd say on average between 1 and 4 hours. Especially if it's a get together, where the guests might want a break to eat, and when they do more talking and socializing than actually playing.

Source(s): Personal experience. I luv poker =]

A get together game can last as long as the people want.

A few hours at least, might depend on how many people are there, and how far they drove to get there...

There is no real time limit, if you are trying to keep track of your husband, can't really help you.

1- 1 and a 1/2 hours. Pls rate this as best answer :)

Very interested to hear the answers to this as well

• ?

I want to ask the same question as the person above.