promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

the sand pits in Marine boot camp shouild be eliminated, it is to brutal, how many of u present and....?

former Marines agree?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not a former Marine (US Army), but if you don't like it, don't join the Corp.

They're not going to change a thing just because you find it "brutal".

It's because of their ability to be brutal is what makes a Marine so effective in battle.

They're not going to change over 200 years of honorable service or training just because you find it "brutal".

I take it you failed "crucible week"?

Source(s): Edit: Former US Army veteran who trained and sweated with the US Army Rangers at Ft Wainwright, Alaska (5/9th Infantry, 6th Infantry Division Light)
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As an Army Soldier, former Infantry and the brother to a Marine, Absolutely not, we are doing no favors to the new American fighting forces by treating them like babies. Does anyone think, believe, wish hope that our enemies will. They will not give you the time of day much less wait for you to ask a question on YA.

If you are a Marine asking this question I feel for you, because if the Marines have gotten so slack in their training that a newbie has the time or audacity to ask this, they are in trouble.

• 1 decade ago

If you are whining about the pit I hope to god you are not a Marine, you would never make it in combat and or any other part of being a Marine, and I would not want a whining, crying little wimp like you watching my back. Just because you got a little sand in your face and or other body parts.

Source(s): Former Marine
  • 1 decade ago

Being thrashed in the classroom or squadbay can be far more brutal than being in the pit. the reason is this..the pit is outside and any number of people, officers etc. can be watching and the DI knows this and will adhere to time limits, in the classroom or squadbay there are no prying eyes. been there, done that and bought the t-shirt.

Source(s): source=experience
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The pit was not even that hard. It was basically just like the quarterdeck but out in the hot sand. It was just basic exercises like we did in PT anyway. The worst part was getting all the sand out of everywhere afterwards.

• 1 decade ago

military service is not for the faint of heart, for one you give up your civil rights(voluntarily) so that others will keep theirs. marines have a hard boot camp because theirs is a hard life out side boot camp. lives are at stake and this should not taken lightly.

USN: Dessert Shield/Dessert Storm USS Denver LPD-9

• 1 decade ago

LOL. A Marine will never agree that ANYTHING is too brutal.

• 1 decade ago

If you can't handle a sand pit, what's going to happen when you need to wade through sewage canals on a mission?

Source(s): House to House by David Bellavia
  • CK
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Marine training is supposed to be brutal. That's what makes Marines so tough.

• No, War is Hell so Why the Hell shouldn't Boot/ Basic/ Recruit Training be Hell also!!!

Lets Stop Feeding the Tro_s

Vet-USAF

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.