How would I find the top speed of a car that has a range of 100 miles?

I have been trying to answer this physics question and I think I have been over thinking it. Please help me. I have been given the top speed as 60 mph and a range of 100 miles. This is for an electric car. I have worked hard and used : d = C/0.5 * V/E in order to come up with C (amp-hours) I did this so I could... show more I have been trying to answer this physics question and I think I have been over thinking it. Please help me. I have been given the top speed as 60 mph and a range of 100 miles. This is for an electric car.
I have worked hard and used : d = C/0.5 * V/E in order to come up with C (amp-hours) I did this so I could say what battery would be needed. I wasn't sure if I needed to account for energy... From this I came up with:
C = 40 amp-hours
d = 100 miles
Vehicle Efficiency (E) = 250 Watt-hours/mile
Voltage = 312 V
But I still haven't figured out how to bring in the top speed. I've been thinking work and KE maybe?
Please help!
1 answer 1