Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

What kind of .22 rifle should i buy?

I want to either buy a Ruger 10/22 or a Winchester Wildcat or maybe some sort of Savage arms .22. Any other suggestions would be good. Thanks

Best Answer

Check out the Savage Mark II. Most accurate 22 I have. Don't get me wrong my Ruger 10/22 see its share of action. They are both great rifles.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/article_gallery/Gun-Tes...

A Ruger 10/22 is the best .22 auto for the price and eveb those who do not favor some of the cheap aspects of it recognize it's value. I would not get the Wildcat. It's an imported cheaply made rifle and if you want an import get a CZ-452ZKM2E model variant for just a little more. Savage makes decent guns if you don't mind some of the tool marks and sheetmteal fabrication (trigger housing/magwell area) or plastic triggerguard (well, it won't rust I guess).

The CZ-452 is a robust and extremely accurate .22 rifle and is definitely worth the money. What would be nice is to have a Ruger 10/22 blued factory target model heavy barrel alongside a CZ452ZKM2E LUX . The ensemble would run you about $700 before taxes and any scopes but they would never leave you either. A lot of .22 rifles just don't hold up as well or get traded a lot.

I like the Ruger 10/22 personally. I have 5 of them in various stages of customization

Source(s): 40+ years of hunting and shooting on 4 continents

10/22 is a great gun. Wish I still had one. I have a Marlin 60 now and it is nowhere near as good as the 10/22 was. I still have a Ruger 77/22. Highly recommend it if you want a bolt action, it is super sweet. Very accurate, comfortable and cycles perfectly.

Source(s): I have owned one since 1988. They are extremely accurate and can be broke down in seconds and carried in a very small case. They also are very light as the name indicates, around three pounds empty.

Yep, ruger 10/22. Millions of owners cannot be wrong!

It's hard to go wrong with a Marlin. Savage is a little lower quality than the others mentioned. They are a second tier manufacturer. Ruger, Winchester, Marlin (and others) are all first tier.

• lipan

this is what i take advantage of: A bolt-action Savage Mark II BTVS, and a Ruger 10/22 autoloader. The Savage is very precise, has a great set off, applications properly with any ammo, and is as heavy as a sack of bricks. The Ruger is gentle, compact, and is "precise sufficient," in spite of the indisputable fact that it supplies quickly stick to up photos. i could additionally recommend a Savage Mark II F or Mark II G, the two have that comparable great set off with a delicate barrel contour.

i just picked up a new savage 22 magnum and it is great, so accurate with that accutrigger and they reckon 22 magnums are inaccurate, so i can't imagin what one of there 22s would be like go the savage

I have a Ruger 10/22..... For the price its a really decent product....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_10/22

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAFamily?type=Rifle&...