Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 decade ago

Does the automakers crisis make you angry? Especially GM?

I get so angry when I read about GM whining that they are going bankrupt. It's simple, start making better cars, lower the prices for gods sake, and fire all the whiny employees who make a fortune picking their butts! There are people who would kill to have a job making half a GM employees wage. I hate when I hear the GM workers complaining about their pay and all this other crap. It makes me sick! If they are going bankrupt, why are their executives taking private jets to beg for money??

Fire everyone and hire people who would by far appreciate their jobs so much more and for half the salary (which would still be a lot!)

Favorite Answer

The unions abused the system for years. The automakers produced a poor product at an unreasonable price and made obscene profits which they did not reinvest. Auto workers are grossly overpaid for menial labor and have insane benefits to boot. I've known a few and when they give the details its insane to listen to what they do for how much they get. The automakers need to file for bankrupcy and reorganize. Renegotiate those idiotic and destructive contracts and bring them more in line with the rest of America. Boeing workers too won insane gains that they shouldn't get. Everyone seems to be in it for themselves from top to bottom. That mentality is what has destroyed this country. We will soon be a fourth world nation - that is a former first worlder than has fallen by the wayside. Obama won't save us - he's already started pulling back his campaign promises one by one. Change? LMAO - the only change change we've gotten are the new players but the game remains the same. We've been had. The more things change the more they remain the same.

• Boo

But its really not the employees , its all the owners and those with the high salary's . Why should we bail them out . If they want to continue their over priced salaries then let them put their own  money into it  . Profits are all that matter to them anyway .The employees are going to lose all they have worked for , most likely their pensions and  401 's  or whatever else they might of had , if the company goes under . But then the company will file bankrupt , chapter 11 , or whatever name they put on it , and then get it as a loss on the income tax . and get compromised for their loss anyway . So they haven't lost a thing  .. No I am not a auto worker , and I don't know anyone who is .But I will tell you I can live on less than  one hundred thousand a year .

GM, Ford and Chrysler are publicly held corporations, just like American Airlines and Starbucks. And while many, many jobs are tied to the the Big 3, they likely won't completely go away. "Someone will still make full sized picks" because people want to buy them. They very well not make Corvettes or Saturn Sky's, or GMC "and" Chevy trucks. But, they will still make pickups.

Incidentally, I actually read GMs' plan they submitted to the Senate. It actually says GM will gain market share. They are obviously dreaming.

It makes me angry that the company even expects the taxpayer to bail it out. If the directors hadn't frittered away year upon years worth of profits through fantastic bonus`, inflated dividends, and huge salaries, the company would be in a position to survive. Every dollar spent bailing them out should be rewarded with equity in the company so at least taxpayers have a chance to get some of their investment back.

p.s. I'm a Brit and I've said the same thing about our own failing companies.Especially the ruddy banks.

No Veronica, what really pisses me off is the ignorance of the american people ! Do you know how much the big 3 put in the tax coffers that continually gets pissed away ? What are our elected officials doing other than giving billions to the banking industry that won't loan it out, I'll tell ya they fleece our pockets with exorbinate salaries & benefits that they don't come close to earning !

No, its not their fault that wall street collapsed the economy and NOBODY has any money for luxury items like new cars

It wasnt their fault that oil went to $160 a barrel and no one wanted to buy SUVs

The big banks scheme the system to steal billions, and the govt bails them out. GM is a victim of the scheme and they get Shtt

Source(s): My cars were built here by GM, and they're the best

Yes makes me angry that they have put out junk cars for so long and at a ridiculous high price tag and put up with the the money grabbing unions

Goldenmine you are an idiot. You must work at GM, that's why your so sour. Suck it up and get a real job :D

If GM closes who will make your next car?

Exactly.

So why should there be a bailout?