How Can I Start Dating Again?

i just got out of a long-term relationship, and i know it might not be wise to start dating again so quickly, but i feel like i just want to have fun and stop being so sad and get my mind off him and dating might be a good way for me to do that. however, it's been a while (2 1/2 yrs to be exact), and i know my... show more i just got out of a long-term relationship, and i know it might not be wise to start dating again so quickly, but i feel like i just want to have fun and stop being so sad and get my mind off him and dating might be a good way for me to do that. however, it's been a while (2 1/2 yrs to be exact), and i know my game is no longer on point lol. how can i start talking to guys again, and more importantly, how can i avoid comparing them with my ex?
Update: and no i'm not planning to have sex with anyone again until i feel like i can be in a relationship again.