Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Who lands A.J. Burnett?

Braves are said to be the front runners with a 4 year deal worth reportedly $60M with a 5th year option. They do however still have to contend with the Phillies, Yankees, and Blue Jays

Update:

The Red Sox have been said to be out and there are some reports saying the Yankees are slowly turning away.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I honestly dont think the Yanks will go after Burnett. They are spending as much money as they can to acquire Sabathia at this moment.

Burnett is like that dark horse rite now. He's the consolation prize. I dont expect him to land a huge deal unless its from a sub-team like Atlanta. At this moment, I could see him heading to the Braves.

• 1 decade ago

i think you are forgetting about another possible contender for Burnett. The Mets are also a major player for him. I think if doesnt go to either the Yankees or Red Sox, the Phillies and Mets will be trying to out bid each other for his services.

• 1 decade ago

Okay 3 possible teams of getting him: Yankees- They might not get Sabathia because he either might want more, angels might give him more, or the yankees don't want to wait longer. And even if they do land Sabathia they can still land Burnett.

Bluejays- Might still be in the running, only worry is they go out and spend more money on younger players instead of Burnett.

Redsox- If they don't go for Texiera they have the money to get him it's just wether or not they want too.

Source(s): myself
  • 1 decade ago

I think the Braves will eventually will end the A.J. Burnett sweepstakes.

• i think its between yankees and atlanta

atlanta needs a SP since they were not able to work a deal with San Diego for Peavy

Yankees biggest need without a doubt is SP and i do not think they will land C.C Sabathia i really believe he will choose a west coast team over the money

• 1 decade ago

If the Yanks don't get CC then I think he'll end up a Yank . If the Yanks do get CC then he'll probably end up a Brave because of that 5th year option the offered .

• 1 decade ago

I think either the Blue Jays will resign him or the Red Sox will sign him.

• 1 decade ago

The Yanks have tons of $$$$$$ to spend and AJ is just waiting until CC makes a move.

• 1 decade ago

YANKEES WANT CC SATHAIA.. BUT I WILL SETTLE FOR BURNETT.. AS LONG AS THE STINKY RED SOXES DONT GET HIM.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Braves...

as long as the Scum Sox dont get him I'm happy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.