promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Are Christians aware of the role of the Egyptian gods Isis, Ra, and El in their religion?

I'm quite surprised how the majority of Christians are completely unaware of the astro-theological underpinnings by which their entire belief system is founded.

The Egyptian gods Isis (Moon goddess), Ra (Sun god), and El (God [Saturn]), were melded together to represent one who has passed from the Moon through the Sun and become a God -- hence the origin of the word ISRAEL. According to the Metaphysical Bible Dictionary (ibid) Israel means ‘a Prince with God’. God changed Jacob’s name to Israel after he had wrestled with a man all night and the twelve sons of Jacob formed the twelve tribes of Israel. The sun worshiping Christians are historically celebrating the rebirth of the SUN of god and the coming summer, just as the Saturnian cult jews. Easter is simply this star in the east or, Sun rising in the east. RA was the ancient sun god, EL was the ancient saturn god and Isis was a lunar god, thus forming ISIS-RA-EL or ISRAEL.

Also (as a side note), the first five books of the Old Testament -- the Torah -- were named after the Tarot, as it represented the peaceful way of life for the people in the Egyptian golden age.

Are Christians here on R&S aware that their religion is actually derived from ancient Egyptian astrological myths?

Update 2:

Edit: Jesus' death and rebirth simply represents the winter solstice, there the "Sun" of God died and returned after three days.

So yes, the Jesus myth is heavily incorporated in these ancient astrological rituals.

Update 3:

Steadfast, that is what you were told, but it is not correct. There are several written publications available that disprove that ex-facto definition.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Mike
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Even if they know , do you think that they would change their minds ?

no !

they "need" their beliefs true or false .. it doesn't matter at all.

even if Jesus himself appeared to them today and told them that they are wrong and that what they believe is total B.S .. they would say it's Satan and not Jesus.

Jesus himself can not make them stop believing in him :-)

imagine going to bed every night , believing that all your sins are forgiven because jesus died for your sins. and when you die you will go straight to heaven to meet all your loved ones.

it's not easy to throw all that away for any reason.

for what ? .. for living in fear of death ? .. a meaningless life ? ..face reality ? .. set their own rules ? .. no one "up there" watching over them ? .. no one to save them from the invisible angry God who is waiting for them to die to judge them all and send them to hell if they didn't believe in his existence ?

not a chance ! :-)

they "have to" believe the lie .. it's not up to them anymore.

they are programmed to believe it. no control whatsoever .

happy robots in a happy world !

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Are Christians aware of the role of the Egyptian gods Isis, Ra, and El in their religion?

I'm quite surprised how the majority of Christians are completely unaware of the astro-theological underpinnings by which their entire belief system is founded.

The Egyptian gods Isis (Moon goddess), Ra (Sun god), and El (God [Saturn]), were melded together to represent one who has passed from...

Source(s): christians aware role egyptian gods isis ra el religion: https://shortly.im/NiJpA
  • banach
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Isis Moon Goddess

• 5 years ago

since ISIS-RA-EL are the 3 gods it s pretty obvious who the "isis" terrorists truly belong to. they even attacked mosques and did bunch of stuff no muslim would do. even the leader is a british MI5 agent so obviously it s another false flag operation. and we all know which nation is the master of false flags, ever since they attacked USS Liberty trying to blame it on egypt and cause yet another war. and btw hebrew of course is written differently and so are egyptian hierographs but the pronounciation is what matter and that is true.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

given to the fact that the base languages were not even the same, I find the links to be lacking in credibility.

The translation of Israel is "God preserves"

so now I am to believe some other and drop what I do know.

that is like walking through a mine field with someone on the side telling you where to put your feet.

• According to the book of Genesis Jacob got renamed Israel by God because he strove with God and men and succeeeded.

He is taken as the head of the people of Israel.

Since they were monotheistic, they were hardly going to name themselves after pantheon gods.

Sounds like a good idea for a Da Vinci code type novel, though.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow...that works out so nice in the ENGLISH LANGUAGE. I wonder what it looks like when you substitute the egyptian and hebrew spellings (drawings/glyphs)?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i know that their not in my faith. actually, they have nothing to do with with God.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well that's mythology, Jesus was real. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.