Theodore asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Better Actor:Jake Gyllenhaal or Ryan Gosling?

Which one of these two do you think is the better actor of the two?

BQ:Favourite movie featuring your choice from the above two?

Favorite Answer

well considering i think jake gyllenhaal is kinda one dimensional [hes the nicholas cage for the new generation --one friggin face is all his emotions !!] ........i would say i prefer gosling , on gyllenhaal....well

zodiac was kinda annoying [only watched it for robert downey jnr], brokeback mountain was made way to big a deal of , hes not a convincing soldier or anything else to me ....but i didnt mind him in the good girl with jennifer aniston [she was horrid in that film though]

gosling -

i liked him in murder by numbers ,he was ok in stay and fracture [never cared for notebook --watch the thumbs down i get for saying that]....hes just more impressive personally but not that great either

young actor i prefer .....ben foster ....he was awesome and creepy in 30 days of night ,very good as angel in xmen 3 ,funny in punisher ,and has done some good films for years ....he is one to watch in the future !

Source(s): 28yr old female [not a gyllenhaal or gosling fan]
  • Peach

Ryan Gosling: Lars and the Real Girl

He's a much better character actor than Jake Gyllenhaal (who I do love) because Jake Gyllenhaal really plays everyman characters and hasn't played anything really hard to portray (though I will concede that Donnie Darko was kind of troubled)

Both are good, but I will say Gosling. He's more... intense -- I get the feeling he puts slightly *more* of himself (emotions, body) into his performances. Gyllenhaal is definitely talented though.

Gosling.

Best movie and performance: Half Nelson

Runners-up: The Believer, Lars and the Real Girl, Stay

Gyllenhaal.

Best movie: Zodiac or Brokeback Mountain

Best performance: Brokeback Mountain

Runners-up: Donnie Darko, Proof

• Olive

Jake Gyllenhaal

BA: October Sky

• Both have had exceptional roles and less desirable roles. That being said I have to go with Jake Gyllenhaal on this one. He is more versatile, passionate, and very dedicated to his roles. Not say that Gosling isn't. Jake just has a depth and this versatility that's unstoppable.

BQ:It's a tied between The Good Girl and Donnie Darko.

gonna have to go with gyllenhaal - because if his diversity... Donnie Darko, Proof, Rendition, Jarhead, Brokback Mountain, the good girl, moonlight mile... i think he has Just continually proved hims self... In regards to Ryan Gosling... i think he is also very talented - i just though a couple of hid pic were taken over the top a Bit with his Performance... thy were close but just a bit overdone... the scene in th bathroom in the basketball film... and i wasn't crazy for the whole Notebook thing... as i said an excellent actor but still needs more diverse part.. alt ho i have to say i love him in the skin head flick.. that was brilliant....

Jake Gyllenhaal... Zodiac

Jake Gyllenhaal

Donnie Darko hands down

Source(s): me

I would say Jake Gyllenhaal. Donnie Darko was my favorite movie with him.

Jake Gyllenhaal was AMAZING in Donnie Darko.