promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New York ?

Hi,

We were at a swim meet in Brooklyn and they had metal detectors at the school. One of the guys on my swim team had a belt with metal shaped as brass knuckles and the security guards stopped him. They arrested him, put him in handcuffs, and called in a lieutenant. He was in the precinct for a while before his parents picked him up.

He has no prior offenses. He is 17 years old which means that he is no longer a juvenile in New York. There was no intent or anything. He didn't talk back, he just sat there and cooperated. Our school has 0 criminal history and we're one of the most elite schools in the country, if that counts for anything.

They gave him a summons to court.

Can anyone please tell me what kind of charges he might get? We're all really worried about him.

Thanks. I would really appreciate any help any one can give.

Thank you again

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

That belt buckle COULD have been used as a weapon. That is his big mistake. And now he is going to court, to find out how big his error really was.

He can be charged, as a adult, with a number of offences, such as " possession of a dangerous weapon " or possession of a " prohibited weapon ". Either one can result in a conviction and a fine, or jail time.

By the way, the school that you attend is not relevant to the case, nor is his past behaviour. The judge will only base his decision on the facts of this case.

Part of being a responsible adult is knowing not to wear such a thing.

Jim B. Toronto.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Verifying criminal record database can really helps to find your required data online. It wont takes more than a few seconds to show any record you need. Moreover its an easy way to find out if someone has a criminal record.

Reports key features includes :

Arrest & convictions

Felonies & misdemeanor

Sex offenders

Mug shots

Criminal driving infractions

Court and probation records

And lot more.

Visit Here : http://CriminalRecords.InfoSearchDetective.com

100% Confidential & Super Fast Results!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.