What does "I rolled the dice and came out snake eyes" mean?

My friend said this the other day & I have no idea what he was talking about. He tends to speak in metaphors.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

a pair of ones.

in craps, snake eyes is a loosing roll

so he lost

• 4 years ago

Snake Eyes Dice

• Carol
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axNR1

On the come out roll, if you roll 2, the "pass line" bet loses and the "dont pass line" bet wins. Probibly 90% of the players at the craps table bet on the pass line so most people would will whine and moan about it, I guess you could say most often it is a bad thing to roll snake eyes. After the point is established rolling a 2 means nothing and the shooter just rolls again.

• 1 decade ago

He took a chance and didn't get lucky at all.

Rolling a snake eyes means that when you rolled a dice twice, you got 1 and 1 both times which is the worst roll you can get (usually). So your friend took a risk and was about as unlucky as possible

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does "I rolled the dice and came out snake eyes" mean?

My friend said this the other day & I have no idea what he was talking about. He tends to speak in metaphors.

Source(s): rolled dice snake eyes mean: https://shortly.im/6bk7p
  • 1 decade ago

It means he rolled two d6 and got the lowest score possible, two ones, which resemble the beady eyes of a snake.

Metaphorically, your friend means the worst possible result came from the action he took. Or, he made a saving roll in Warhammer :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It means that he played with fire and got burned. I know another metaphore.

• 5 years ago

crapped out.

• 6 years ago

iddno

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.