Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Lisa asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 decade ago

HELP!! How do i amio acids to the tRNAs based on the mRNA?

Attacch the correct amio acids to the tRNAs based on the mRNA codons???

TACAAATACAGAAA

PLEASE HELP I AM STUDYING FOR A TEST TOMORROW AND I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!

• Favorite Answer

For starters I am going to assume the sequence you gave is the DNA sequence b/c mRNA does not contain Thymine (T).

So in both steps DNA ---> mRNA and mRNA---> polypeptide with tRNA anto-codons are complimentary base pairing

So you take our original sequence

TAC AAA TAC AGA AA --->DNA, now the mRNa is the complimentary base pairing strand (remember C-G, A-T(or if RNA U)

So you get

AUG UUU UTG UCU UU --->mRNA

now you should have a table of amino acids that gives you the three base codons and corresponding amino acids (if it says the three base sequence is for the codon it means the mRNA if it says anti-codon it means tRNA, there are many tables and I don't know which you are provided most are generally based off of mRNA/codons)

So in this case the tRNA anticodons would be

UAC AAA UAC AGA AA --->tRNA

and the amino acid sequence is

Met Phe Met Ser (UU I'm not sure as codons are 3 base pairs long)

So in Summary

DNA: TAC AAA TAC AGA AA

mRNA: AUG UUU AUG UCU UU

tRNA: UTC AAA UAC AGA AA

Amino Acids: Met Phe Met Ser ??

Ok so now you have the the information you need to answer the question, ie. Met attaches to the tRNA with anticodon UTC, which corresponds to mRNA codon AUG.

Apple Tree Chewing Gum is how i remember DNA

A changes to T and C changes to G (or the other way around)

Awesome Underwear/ Chewing Gum is for mRNA and tRNA

A changes to to U adn C changes to G (or the other way around)

*all the Ts on the DNA will change to As*

so what you wrote there would be like:

DNA: TAC AAA TAC AGA AA

mRNA: AUG UUU AUG UCU UU

tRNA: UAC AAA UAC AGA AA

then you go to the little chart thing and look up the amino acid. (i think you forgot to add one of the letters on the end)

thats crazy i just learned this the other day and had the paper for homework haha.

Is the strand TACAAATACAGAAA DNA or RNA? If it's RNA it shouldn't have any T's. need more info

If it's DNA.... the mRNA strand would be AUGUUUAUGUCUUU because As turn to Us in mRNA. that would make the tRNA UACAAAUACAGAAA.

I'm looking up the chart in my bio book.... the codons are....

AUG: methionine, UUU: phenylalanine, AUG: methionine, UCU: serine, and UU is one codon short.

im assuming the strand is DNA bc it has T's in it

TACAAATACAGAAA

transform the strand into rna

AUGUUUAUGUCUUU

then separate it into three base pairs (codon) and then assign each codon an amion acid depending on the base pair sequence

ATGTTTATGTCTTT

TACAAATACAGAAA

ATGTTTATGTCTTT

C-G

A-T