promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

should i get the wii because people say it sucks?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Pig
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, you should get a Wii. It does not suck, it is the best game console this generation.

Try out these amazing games:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Zack and Wiki

No More Heroes

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2

Battalion Wars 2

Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2

Mario Strikers: Charged

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Paper Mario

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Okami

Mario Kart Wii

Boom Blox

Warioland: Shake It

de Blob

Guitar Hero: World Tour

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The Wii doesn't suck!

You should if you want to. This year the Wii has sold Double what XBox 360, PS3 and PSP have sold this year altogether. That must be saying something! When the Wii first came out it sold what XBox 360 and PS3 sold together. The Wii comes with updates to improve the gaming experience plus next year a whole new Great Hard-core games are being released along with casual games. There's games there for casual and HC gamers there now so you wont be in short supply.

The only way you'll know is if you find a person who has it and play it yourself. Most people who play it once will be hooked and will find it hard separating from the Wii. Yes the Wii has gimmicks but Nintendo IS making something to make the Nintendo Wii experience more enjoyable and make you feel your living in the games!

Hope I helped!

Go on, you know you want one!

• 1 decade ago

people say it sucks only because it is marketed more to the "casual" gamer so hardcore gamers think there are no good games. but there are like: metroid prime 3, zelda twilight princess, super smash bros brawl, medal of honor heroes 2, and many more including some good ones coming in 2009. im a hardcore gamer and have both a 360 and a wii. the 360 and ps3 is more about graphics and fps rather than gameplay. people today love violence. i do to. but the wii is still a fun system.

• 1 decade ago

Most of the time, when people say that Wii sucks, they're focusing on the worst games the system has to offer. Shovelware crap like Ninjabread man, movie-based games, and the 35,000 Wii Sports clones. There ARE great games out on the thing. Super Smash Brothers is an absolutely PERFECT fighter, Super Mario Galaxy is pure platforming BLISS, and third party titles like De Blob, Boom Blox, and the downloadable World of Goo, are downright fantastic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It all depends on what kind of player you are. If you are a hardcore player than PS3 and Xbox are better option. But if you like to have fun with your family and friends, than Wii is the system you should buy. Mario Kart Wii for example is a game that no other can compare when it comes to giving you laugh and fun. There are also hardcore games for Wii such as Resident Evil and CoD 5 but they are not as many as for PS3 and Xbox. So as you can see, it all depends what kind of player you are.

If you play every day than PS3 or Xbox, if once in a while and like to have fun with friends and family than Wii.

So if you are a hardcore gamer then you will most probably say that Wii sucks, but if you like to have fun with family and friends you will say that it is the best system in the world.

Martin

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I just got a Wii and I love it! But it also depends on your personal preference on how you like to play if you like to be up off the couch or sitting on down? It's not bad they just say that cause they prefer sitting down while playing games. Hope this helps.

Debz

Source(s): I have a Wii and I love it so do 3 of my friends. Also look at consumer reports on it.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well I have the wii and i love it. Maybe you should try it though that way you will know for sure if you like it or not

• 1 decade ago

The Wii is awesome!! It has something for everyone and its a blast!! We love it, Mario Cart is our family's absolute favorite!! Its the only game system that suits our family, everyone has fun playing it.

• 1 decade ago

I say make your own opinion of it by playing one at a store.I love the system for the sports games and I'm not even a fan of sports games usually.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.