Question About The Book Eclipse ?

I'm having to skip Eclipse and go straight to Breaking Dawn all the Walmarts in town are sold out till January. Please give me an overview of things I have to know

Update:

Waldens and Borders and all the other book stores are sold out too.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Eclipse is a bad book to have skip on, because a lot of important things occur. Here's a summary from wikipedia:

"The story begins with the revelation that Seattle is being plagued by a string of unsolved murders, which Edward suspects are being caused by a newborn vampire that is unable to control its thirst. Edward and Bella fill out college applications, while Bella explains to Edward her desire to see Jacob, her werewolf friend, again. Meanwhile, Alice Cullen has a vision that Victoria, a vampire who is hunting Bella, is back in town. Although Edward fears for her safety, Bella insists that Jacob and the rest of the werewolf pack would never harm her, and he eventually allows her to visit Jacob once in a while.

A few days later, Bella expresses her desire to have Edward make love to her before turning her into a vampire. Edward initially refuses, explaining to Bella that he could very easily kill her. Eventually, upon realizing how much it means to Bella, he agrees to try in the future as long as they are married first. Despite having an aversion to marriage, Bella realizes that spending eternity with Edward is more important to her than anything else and accepts his proposal.

Bella and the Cullens realize that the murders in Seattle are being committed by Victoria and an "army" of newborn vampires. The Cullen family joins forces with the werewolf pack in order to combat this threat. As everyone else prepares for battle, Edward and Bella camp up in the mountains, where they are later joined by Jacob and Seth Clearwater, a young member of the werewolf pack, to wait out the fight.

In the morning, Jacob overhears Edward and Bella discussing their engagement and becomes very upset. He threatens to join the fight and get himself killed because Bella doesn't love him. To stop him, Bella kisses Jacob and realizes that she loves him, too. After Victoria and her army are successfully destroyed, Bella explains to Jacob that while she loves him, her love for Edward is greater and she cannot live without him. Jacob, angry at Bella's decision to become a vampire, runs away in his wolf form to escape the pain he feels."

Fortunately for you, Meyers references the major points in the beginning and throughout Breaking Dawn. Hoped this helped :]

• 1 decade ago

okay, first off, you should never skip the books =] they're way too important. Eclipse is one of the most important actually. here's a sight that will help you get an overview. it's stephenie meyer's own web cite. good luck =] happy hunting!!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/eclipse.html

♥EC

• 1 decade ago

Plot summary

The story begins with the revelation that Seattle is being plagued by a string of unsolved murders, which Edward suspects are being caused by a newborn vampire that is unable to control its thirst. Edward and Bella fill out college applications, while Bella explains to Edward her desire to see Jacob, her werewolf friend, again. Meanwhile, Alice Cullen has a vision that Victoria, a vampire who is hunting Bella, is back in town. Although Edward fears for her safety, Bella insists that Jacob and the rest of the werewolf pack would never harm her, and he eventually allows her to visit Jacob once in a while.

A few days later, Bella expresses her desire to have Edward make love to her before turning her into a vampire. Edward initially refuses, explaining to Bella that he could very easily kill her. Eventually, upon realizing how much it means to Bella, he agrees to try in the future as long as they are married first. Despite having an aversion to marriage, Bella realizes that spending eternity with Edward is more important to her than anything else and accepts his proposal.

Bella and the Cullens realize that the murders in Seattle are being committed by Victoria and an "army" of newborn vampires. The Cullen family joins forces with the werewolf pack in order to combat this threat. As everyone else prepares for battle, Edward and Bella camp up in the mountains, where they are later joined by Jacob and Seth Clearwater, a young member of the werewolf pack, to wait out the fight.

In the morning, Jacob overhears Edward and Bella discussing their engagement and becomes very upset. He threatens to join the fight and get himself killed because Bella doesn't love him. To stop him, Bella kisses Jacob and realizes that she loves him, too. After Victoria and her army are successfully destroyed, Bella explains to Jacob that while she loves him, her love for Edward is greater and she cannot live without him. Jacob, angry at Bella's decision to become a vampire, runs away in his wolf form to escape the pain he feels.

Critical reception

Eclipse received mixed reviews. LoveVampires.com stated that, "Adult readers may be put off by the teenage relationship angst in this novel but if you have already enjoyed the author’s previous offerings I think there is still plenty here to entertain." Based on this, they gave Eclipse four and a half out of five stars.[8] Anne Rouyer of School Library Journal said that, "Meyer knows what her fans want: thrills, chills, and a lot of romance, and she delivers on all counts."[9] Selby Gibson-Boyce of Tulsa World wrote, "I read without stopping until I finished. Meyer's book would not detach itself from my hand. Exactly the same thing happened with Twilight and New Moon."[10]

However, DearAuthor.com said that, "It was clear to me that once the decision to remake Bella into a vampire was made, all natural tension evaporated and thus the author had to manufacture false conflict after false conflict to keep the storyline interesting", and gave Eclipse a C- grade.[11] Kellan Rice of Blast Magazine criticized the book as being sexist, saying, "Not only does Meyer give her two characters an obviously unhealthy-even abusive-relationship, but she romanticizes and idealizes it, and not only with Bella and Edward, but with Bella and Jacob as well."[12

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No just read it online, or order it online, or go to Borders, waldenbooks, Etc.. Walmart isn't the only store that sells books,...hun

Source(s): In that case I would just order Online, my book came in two days. try it, I'd rather wait , then skip a book , it won't be the same, that why it's a series, you'll miss too much
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A lot of things happen in Eclipse... you'd be better off just ordering it online.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Buy a used copy on Amazon for cheap! Dont' skip it, that won't be as fun.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

awww dont skip any of the books!!!!!!

theyre too important X]

i wish i had more htan just the first one

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.