Aren't "alternative medicines" totally bogus and a scam?

The way I see it there's two types of medicine: those that work and those that don't. Those that don't work are called "alternative", and are described in vague terms that aren't specific enough to be tested scientifically and are supported entirely by anecdotal evidence. Or am I missing something? show more The way I see it there's two types of medicine: those that work and those that don't.

Those that don't work are called "alternative", and are described in vague terms that aren't specific enough to be tested scientifically and are supported entirely by anecdotal evidence.

Or am I missing something?
Update: Ok guys, show me some peer reviewed literature that proves the efficacy of "alternative medicines".

Or answer this question: What exactly is a toxin?
Update 2: There goes Yuri B again with his anecdotal evidence.
Update 3: Lol Yuri B - yea i was speaking in generalities, "again" was referring to the alternative medicine apologist crowd in general. And I didn't realize you were a girl.