Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Jobs at Mets Citi Field?

does anybody know if the mets are going to have job positions for the new ballpark, citi field

Favorite Answer

No. There will be no jobs. The entire stadium will be run as a "self serve" stadium. There will be absolutely no employees whatsoever.

Amazing.

• Joe H

If the mets keep playing like they have been probably Manager and some coaching jobs will be open next year. Second Base is still open as well as any relief pitching job. Also General Manager should have been available for the last few years because pretty much anyone could do a better job than Minaya. I would go for one of these high profile jobs because you can't do worse than everyone who's been there in the last few years and you'll get paid way more than you're worth which is sweet.

Source(s): My brain

I assume a majority of the employees from Shea will shift over, ushers, security, etc........you'd have to look online for that. However, if you want to get into the vending aspect, the vending contract is contracted out to a private firm. You'd need apply directly to them, not the Mets. I'm sure those jobs are a plenty, as most vendors are young people, thus a high turnover rate. I'm not sure who has the contract but Aramark is a huge food vendor in the NYC area.

Many jobs but also an overwhelming number of people will apply for each one. Also, many who worked at their old ballpark will carry over to the new one.

Try calling the Mets head-office and ask them about it.

It's pretty likely that there will be job openings.

Some clerks who had worked at Shea stadium may leave during the transition, or simply because more jobs will be needed.

I believe that the vendor, Aramark does the hiring for the food vendors, and the Mets hire the security, ushers, and ticket people; but the majority of Shea employees will still be on the Mets' payroll.

Definitly. I cant wait to go to the new ballpark.

you can go to the Mets website and look for employment opportunities. I have MLB send me every job opening for every team.

there is a 100% possibility there are going to be jobs at a stadium, they will need stewards, security, concession workers, etc.

I'm sure they will...but I'm not sure where you would go to sign up. How cool would that be to work with the Mets?