What types of street foods or drinks that causes typhoid fever?

I need a little information about street foods that can cause typhoid fever. I'm doing research paper in the Philippines about street foods. Can someone give me some links or website to gather a few data. You can also contribute based on your own experience

• Marcia
    Favorite Answer

And I thought typhoid fever was caused by unsanitary conditions and was water borne. It makes sense that it could be fecal in origin. I seem to rememeber that there are concerns about rising insect volumes and then typhoid fever potentials following disasters. I suspect that some of the concerns are about it being carried on the bodies of insects as/when they land as well as with insects that inject some of their fluids while gathing some of their victims's fluids. I know that typhoid fever can be transmitted to care takers of infected people as well.

If typhoid fever has a fecal origin, then there are all sorts of other diseases that have a fecal origin. And, there are all sorts of other diseases and bacteria that are food borne in "unsanitary" conditions.

Any food that is not cooked to a bacteria/disease/illness killing temperature can carry a number of intestinally distressing "things". Likewise, cooked foods that are not kept/stored at the correct temperatures can generate or carry food borne illness. Exactly what these illness killing temperature are depends upon the illness itself and the particulary type of food. In general, any food inside the danger zone of 40 degrees F to 140 degrees F are suspect and more prone to carrying food borne illness. - And, this is after being cooked/heated to the correct temperature required to kill specific illness carrying "things" as determined by the "thing" itself and the food itself.

Contamination itself can come from the fields the product was grown in (i.e. when manuers are used on produce), the packaging and distribution process itself (i.e. butchering), the preparation process (i.e. from inadequate hand or container washing or the use of contaminated water), or during the storage and serving process (i.e. cross contamination from another food source, hand washing or other direct contact, correct storage temperatures). When we think in terms of a street vendor, we tend to believe that their preparation process, delivery/storage process, and their personal food hygine are not to the same sanitiation standards as those found within a restaurant or out personal homes.

• SunnyD

typhoid germs are from the poop ... not from the food. Cook extra long time after washing it in clean water.