Neighborhood "patrol" watch?

Tires slashed! My car had 2 tires slashed,my girlfriend had 1 tire slashed, and 2 other car tires slashed also. I had to pay over $347.00 to get new tires put on. Not fair. The holidays are coming up and I wanted to get my 5 year old son some good quality toys. Anyhow. I thought about doing something about this. I passed out flyer's to all my neighbors so that they know what happened. Some responded thank you and some did not. I thought of a idea and I am wondering if its good or not. I wanted to patrol my neighborhood in my own car. I would put "security" magnets on the doors and a beacon light. Just patrol the neighborhood from like 12am to 5am. Also have a huge flashlight in my car to flash in corners and bushes. A huge help would also be a "mega phone". To speak to anyone I would see hiding. I don't mind doing this but for a cost. I would ask those that want me to do it to pay me. The question is how ? Would the association pay me ? or the individuals that live in the houses. How do you think I should bill them ? and how much ?

Favorite Answer

What your offering is contract security patrol services for your community not a neighborhood watch. The difference is in the charging for the service.

If you intend to get involved in the contract security business you need to check with your state and see how it is regulated and what types of licensing, or insurance is needed. This can be rather costly.

A better bet for you may to contact your local county sheriffs office and / or community policing station and let them know what you would like to do to help your community become a safer place. They will likely already have a neighborhood watch program in effect (on a county level) that your not aware of, and they can provide you the proper training as well as financial aid in establishing one in your area.

good luck, hope this helped.

Source(s): 15 years as a Public Safety Officer.

Sounds like you already pi** enough people off (slashed tires) I suggest you just keep your bullet in your pocket barney.