What age so you think teens can have serious relationships?

I am 14 a freshman in high school and I'm not talking about teen relationships I'm talking about relationships dealing with sexual things like sexusing condoms and pills and going on real actual dates but some teens dont start to drive until they're 18 like what I'm going to do and when they are mature enough for sex!

Favorite Answer

Yea i think in freshman year gee i can't wait till imma freshman!Barely in 8th grade LOL!:]

• PETA

I dont think any high school student should have a sexual relationship and although teens may date for months, those are not really serious, just long. There is a lot more to a sexual relationship than condoms and pills. There is some much more you have to know and be careful about sexually, like the risks of oral sex and the precautions you need to take when doing this. Also condoms break, I am an adult, I know-been there-done that. So, everytime you have sex with anyone you are taking a risk. You never really know who someone has been in the past or is with while with you and what diseases they have. A personal can have venereal warts that you cant see visibly and once you get that, you can say goodbye to any kind of good sex life when you do finds the one you marry, and of course there are many other diseases you have lifelong or even HIV. Also, once you starting having a sexual relationship, then your whole relationship will be based around that. If you dont have sex you get to enjoy all the great things a relationship has to offer and things a high school kid should be doing like going to school functions, dances, movies, ice skating, swimming, etc. If you start having sex with a guy you never know if he likes your for that or for you. Even if teens date long term, like my 16-1/2 yo who has been dating her BF for 7 months, it still is not serious. A serious relationship takes very long to go through and includes going through a lot together, trust that has been challenged many times and passed, etc. You can only know if you are in a serious relationship if you have had many long relationships to compare it to. At 14 a girls emotions are all over the place and she is very unstable emotionally and really are attracted to boys and want relationships but all boys want is sex, and that sets the girls up for big disappointment because even if they do it the boys hormones are more active and they dont want a relationship just love girls and any girls, none in particular.

If you do decide to become sexually active, please check out your local planned parenthood and see their website and get yourself educated: http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/std... but I would just say dont do it.

About 18.

Depends on the maturity level of both people. I started masturbating at 11, but was soooo not ready for sex. I lost my virginity at 18 and was more than ready. I think if someone can be responsible enough to have a kid then they are ready for sex cause no form of birth control besides sterilization and abstinence is 100%.

It depends on the person. At 15 I was in a relationship for a year and a half that I thought I was mature enough to handle, it lead to me basically having a breakdown. I'm still emotionally scarred from it now, it was that bad. It did however help me to be able to properly manage the relationship I am in now. If you aren't ready for it relationships can be seriously damaging. As for sex, if you have to ask if you're ready, then you aren't.

It depends entirely on the situation and the people involved and how mature they are.I am 17 y/o and I've been with my boyfriend for four years and we are very responsible and waited for the right time when we were both ready.People shouldn't have sex unless they truly love each other and have thought of all the consequences like STD's,STI's and pregnancy.I mean how many girls do you see on yahoo asking if they are pregnant.These girls are like 14 or 15 years old!

• Sam B

It really depends on the person... Some are mature enough at 15 and some people still aren't mature enough at 24!

The SMART teen of either sex wil not have a serious relationship til they are 30+. Listen to the old farts they have lived the years you haven't. Girls are to play with and touch but you shouldn't slap your name on her forehead to make her yours. You should be building a herim of many women. Then when its time pick one and try her out..

First off you need to be mature enough to write. This is one big run on sentence. After that I don't think teens are capable of having truly serious relationships. Those type of relationships take discipline, commitment, unselfishness, restraint, all of which most teens are incapable of doing. Mature enough for sex, really if you have to ask this question then you ain't mature enough!

i reckon when u start high school. maybe more towards 15 and 16 though.

im 13 btw and i dont wanna get involved with any of that stuff just yet.

as a rough guide

under 14 only holding hands and stuff maybe first kisses

14+ 2nd base only (ie kiss, toungue feel up over clothes mainly butt or boobs

15+ maybe starting to get to 3rd base hands under cloths, oral sex etc but ideally waiting till 16.

late 15 -18 for getting into sexaul relationships with support from grown ups and learning to handle them.

18 Plus for more serious stuff like 3 somes, live in relationships, pole dancing jobs, porn star etc, but best wait till 19/20 for that.

25 plus for more marriage and kids stuff