promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What are your ideas about corruption in American government?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Our government sucks. All these rich people are claiming to do what's best for the little person - and yet they give all the money to the people who don't need it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • meg
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The government is less corrupt than it was in the past, but it is also larger, more powerful and spends more money, so the corruption is more costly. There were major reforms starting about 1880 and ending with the Hatch act in the 1930's.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the older the government the bigger it is the more corrupt it is. Corrupt goverment doesnt necessarily means someone there takes bribes althout that in US is called lobbying. I am an Elien resident and I cant imagine more corrupt country then the US. Its a different kind of curruption thought with the democracy as its mask. It is also a very unwise goverment.

• Mee D
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It requires so much money just to get elected that honest people don't have a chance. There is no honest way to raise the kind of money it takes to get elected to a high office such as Senator or President. At the very least you have to promise all things to all people and probably do more things that are morally reprehensible because those who give you money for the race have strings attached to it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I always thought that the words corruption and government were synonyms. If there is money and humans involved, there will always be trouble.

• 4 years ago

First i could make the placement an exceptionally civil servant place with pay equivalent to that of maximum civil servants particularly of $200,000 a year paycheck the get carry of now. 2nd i could verify that each and every man or woman who ran could get equivalent commercial time and air time (eliminating the two social gathering gadget) 0.33 i could out-regulation lobbying. not extra giving huge donations to substantiate regulation that earnings specific pastime communities circulate throw, any Lobbying sort activities could be finished in a city corridor sort assembly the place us generic people get to precise our desires for our government (you recognize to get easily representation) i could additionally require politicians to attend those city corridor conferences on a quarterly or semi-each year foundation. i could additionally do away with the electoral college so as that we do extremely have direct representation and that each and every vote counted. i could make it unlawful for information (different than remark which may be of course put in a remark section and fully uncovered as opinion particularly than opinion masked as information) to modern fake or in part real information. the information could could modern information and easily information without slant so as that the people can easily be knowledgeable with regard to the topics around them and not lead by potential of company media to have self assurance what reward company usa. those are in basic terms the beginning up of what i could do to freshen up politics in usa. with regard to a recount, First i could save paper ballots, I understand this would not make a recount any extra convenient, yet while there desires to be a recount than a recount is carried out, The gadget can nonetheless take votes by potential of states, so as that if a recount is mandatory it may nonetheless be finished on a state to state foundation particularly than by potential of entire usa. If it takes a month to do a recount, then it takes the month... we vote in November and we dont exchange presidents till previous due January, i could say we've the time. Plus the recounts are at present finished on the favored vote of a state any a thank you to be sure which factor gets the electorial college votes, so it would not particularly exchange something. i'm hoping that solutions your question.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That they are seriously corrupt, think of the worst thing you think they have done and do, then multiply that by a 100......

Its awful, and the more truth you learn the more dumbfounded you become.... it truly saddens me

Source(s): researcher, have had inside info..... sometimes i wish i didnt
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Obama

• 1 decade ago

ideas to stem it? what its like? or help it?

i think u meant what we think of course.

it is bad, but not the worst, they only twist what they have influence over for dough, now, the pres, he has influence over the whole globe. hmmmmm

• 1 decade ago

Capitalism is inherently a corrupt social order.

"Capitalism is the legitimate racket of the ruling class." -- Al Capone

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.