Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicLyrics · 1 decade ago

When Rammstein sing "du hast mich", does that mean i hate you or you have me?

I'm never getting one straight answer and i wanna know what the songs about and what they are saying...

Favorite Answer

Okay;

So the song is called 'Du Hast', and is spelt 'Du Hast Mich', which means 'You have me', however in the song Rammstein pronounces the 's' on 'Hast' sharply, so it sounds like 'Hasst' [Haßt] which translates to 'You hate me.' The song is supposed to have a double meaning.. As it is a play on German wedding vows. For example, in the song when they sing 'Will you, until Death separates you, be faithful to her forever?' they answer with 'no' instead of 'yes'.

In the English version of the song, they changed the lyrics to just 'You hate me' since you can't really have a double meaning with 'hate' and 'have' in English.

;]

Source(s): [I'm a big Rammstein fan..] [ям+Lω]♥ƒσяэvэя...
  • hast is have and hasse is hate. schoolgirl German over 40 years ago. Trust me I`m not a doctor

Doctors are lovely people

depends on how you spell it you if its with one s it means you have me, two s's means you hate me!

it's you have me