Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Should Congress submit their Survival Plan to the American People?Why don't they sell their private jets?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The government seems to think that fatcats should be kept in their mansions, with their multimillion-dollar salaries and perks, while millions of Americans are losing their own homes.

It doesn't seem to matter that the execs are spectacularly incompetent, having driven their own companies into the ground.

I don't know what the stockholders of the big three automakers use for brains, but it's crystal clear that the CEO's and boards of directors all need to be replaced, as they haven't done anything to help their own companies. DUH!

They had years in which to develop cars that would get good mileage, and to be competetive with the imports, but they missed the boat.

It was "business as usual," ever since the first oil crisis, and they've had more than 30 years to work on the problem.

How about having the oil companies bail out the automakers? The automakers did so much to make big oil trillions of dollars over the years, and it's time for them to return the favor!

I say no tax dollars should be used for these incompetent fatcats. Enough is enough.

How about helping the Americans losing their homes, because of soaring taxes and skyrocketing costs of food and just about every commodity?

How about reducing government expenses---on all levels, so that they don't keep taxing us to death and wasting all of the money on cronies and squandering our tax dollars?

We can no longer afford our government.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Any other poorly run business would be allowed to go under, so it should be for these guys.

Since when does the bum get to make the call of whether or not bankruptcy is an option?

The arrogance of these guys is astounding.

• 1 decade ago

I am not sure why they are giving the auto industry that employs so many such a hard time over 1/28 th the amount they seem to give the financial industry that employs so many fat cats.

Wait I just answered, nevermind.

• 1 decade ago

because thier hypocrites who helped the fanne mae mess cause our problems. They nothing of economics and after listening to some of their committee meetings questioning various individuals can't even put a sentence together

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TAT
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Touche'.But you can't expect Pelosi to give up her jet. You can't expect them to give up their huge expense accounts. You can't expect them to stop their pork barrel spending. IT is just not in their nature.

• 1 decade ago

Yes. But please take note: I sold my private jet on Ebay, and made out pretty well.

• 1 decade ago

in one word it is called HYPOCRISY

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.