Doubling dosage in sleeping pills?

So recently I was fired from my job and with my days being empty and having no obligations my sleeping schedule has gone WAY off track. One night I went to bed at 6am and woke up at 2pm and haven't been able to change it. I tried falling asleep but I end up laying in my bed until the sun comes up. So I tried... show more So recently I was fired from my job and with my days being empty and having no obligations my sleeping schedule has gone WAY off track. One night I went to bed at 6am and woke up at 2pm and haven't been able to change it. I tried falling asleep but I end up laying in my bed until the sun comes up.

So I tried sleeping pills last night and there was NO effect. I waited hours and wasn't the least bit tired. The dosage is two small pills. Would I be okay taking 3 or 4 instead of the 2? I'm so sick of waking up only 2 hours before the sun sets. I never see daylight anymore and I'm getting really depressed. I need to fall asleep at midnight somehow you know?

So would it be safe? It wouldn't harm me would it? It would just make me even more tired (I hope).
Update: They are store bought pills, not prescribed.

I don't have money to go to a doctor since I am unemployed and without health insurance. :(