Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

How good is Dwyane Wade?

what is so good about him? he can't shoot 3's, he is injury prone. So how good and why is he good? he just gets to the line like 40 times a game. i'm not hating, i'm just trying to figure out what he does to average 27 ppg (does he aveage 27 because half of those points come from free throw?) and he gets injured like 40 games a season. i know dwayne wade is top 10 in his position in his league, but to call him an MVP and better than bron and kobe is crossing the line?

Favorite Answer

Right now it is Dwyane Wade. His explosive dashes to the basket left the breathless Shaq awed enough to call him "The Flash." He has an unmatched pull up jumper that can happen at any point on his way to the basket. The result is that he is fouled quite often. He also dishes assists like a mid-level point guard and does all types of skillful acrobatics as he is shoved, tripped and yanked. Nonetheless the ball still ends up in the hoop.

D. Wade matched Kobe before his injury, and during their battles... I'm afraid that Wade did come out on top. You're forgetting how good Wade was during the year they won the championship. It wasn't just that the TEAM was good. HE was good. In a manner similar to Jordan(I'm not saying he's Jordan, so don't bum rush me), he put the team on his shoulders and carried them--scoring basket after basket, easily.

In my opinion, I think Wade is a match for Kobe, but he just needs to be surrounded by talent...just like Kobe is.

1. Both do unmatched acrobatics to get the ball in the basket, though I think Wade's is often more controlled while Kobe has to be put "in the mood" to raise himself to this level.

2. Both have explosive drives to the basket that, when challenged, often result in a foul call in their favor.

3. Both play good defense, though I think Kobe might have a slight edge here.

4. Both play the role of point guards for their team dishing out a lot of assists (at least Kobe did before Fisher arrived).

5. Both can shoot the 3 no matter who is in front of them.

6. Kobe has some extremely bad cold spells that prevent him from having any effect on the game. Wade has these spells too, but it usually disappears by the third or fourth quarter.

When he won the 2006 championship we all called him the greatest player in the league, remember? In later years his injuries kept him from displaying his talent, but that doesn't mean that Kobe and LeBron are better than him.

As a matter of fact, I think he is better than LeBron James. Part of the reason LeBron has an easier time carrying his team is because he has always had:

1. An AGILE center while Wade was stuck with a dominant but flat-footed Shaq.

2. LeBron is built for football while Wade is shorter and slimmer.

3. LeBron had time to develop some tricky techniques while Wade was injured, but Wade is still the better all around player with assists, blocked shots, three point shots, steals and the ability to take it to the basket in a way that matches LeBron.

4. Injured, LeBron sits out. Injured, Wade is still a force to be reckoned with--playing through and with the pain.

If Wade was given what LeBron has then Wade would, I believe do just as good, if not better.

Wade has some explosive firepower and can score a lot of points within a small period of time. He also has the ability to finish STRONG at the basket which is something that is lacking in a lot of these "soft" players. I saw that first hand against the Raps this year, they were lucky to pull off a win. As far as being better than Lebron, I think he still has plenty of time to work on his overall game but Lebron is definitely better right now.

I love wade im his like always cheerin for him and i always say if someone injuries wade dis year ima kill them even tho i cant but if they do ima die

He is very small but great at driving to the hoop. Makes defenders look stupid the way he can cut and dribble

Dude you're not a hater, you're just a idiot! Dwyane Wade is the "WORLD'S BEST PLAYER"!

Source(s): 2006 NBA Finals 2008 Olympics
  • WADE CAN ACTUALLY SHOT 3S U IDIOT N HE CAN EXPLODE

GREAT INSIDE N MID RANGE GOOD ENUFF LONG RANGE

GOOD DEFENDER

SHOT BLOCKER IF U CAN BELIEVE THAT

GOOD VISION N PASSING

GOOD REBOUNDER 2

N IONO IF HES BETTER THAN LEBRON BUT HE IS BETTER THAN KOBE

Flash is playing really well in this "Comeback Season"

...he's rejuvenated

hes on fire, i watched them against the raps and he put on a show

• UCLA!

hes' great unfortunately,lebron is way better than him!

His really good..