Telephone Poll: At your work, does a real person or a computer answer the general phone line ?

Though I've worked at places where a computer answers the phone, my current employer has Amanda to answer the phones. D-:

How about your work? Do you have your own "Amanda" or a computer?

Thanks!

Update:

Amanda is much more pleasant, both in appearance and attitude, than our old model, Pam! lol

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

We have a "Elesia"...she's pretty disgusting to look at.

• 1 decade ago

I am the Amanda at my work :) I'm the one that does the bulk of answering phones. My co-worker will pitch it when more than 1 line is ringing or if I'm not here.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I was the Amanda at my work. Despite my loathing of the general public, I'm really good at faking being nice.

Now we've got a "Linda". She doesn't have a whole lot of personality.

• 1 decade ago

First the machines answers gives you millions of options....it is so confusing...even i get confused and forget what the heck or who i wanted in the first place..then i don't know what to press.....then i just stay on line till i talk to a real person...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Our office has Kjersti. If Kjersti isn't available (because we have 8 lines), you get Melanie, Ashlee, Peggy or myself.

Kjersti is certainly smarter than most of our previous models; although, they have all been pleasant.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We had a Linda. She was awesome. She never let a call through without warning you and getting permission. Now we both don't work there so I have no idea and I'm not calling to find out.

I'm sure Cel didn't get my Linda. She was a blast.

• Mizzy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

they are real people allright....

I don't do well with electronic voice carrying devices....

at a previous job, I got all mixed up on the intercom, we had a home decor section and a hardware section....

I called for someone from hard core to come up front...

got plenty of help I did...but nope, I don't answer phones....

• Dragon
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I work from home, so either I answer the call or it goes to an answering machine/voice mail.

• 1 decade ago

Machine answers.

• 1 decade ago

We answer our own phones

• 1 decade ago

We have a Cathy or a Marie And they have to put you through to my extension too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.