Whats the current tally?

on people killed 'in the name of' whatever god?

for instance, how many have died in the name of:

Muhammad

Buddha

Zeus

Hera

Ceasar

Jesus

Dhali Llama

i want exact numbers please. people on here seem to know exactly so i want teh exact number.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The crusades alone killed millions upon millions of innocent pagans and muslims. The spanish inquisition tortured and killed everyone put to the question in the burning times.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

What about those killed in the name of Humanism or racial cleansing or whatever else?

Just because some misguided people did something in the name of someone doesn't make that person bad or wrong.

For example if someone steals your ss# and spends millions of dollars on credit cards in your name are you a bad person did you do something wrong just because someone did something and said it was you?

Mat 22:36 "Teacher, what is the most important commandment in the Law?"

Mat 22:37 Jesus answered: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind.

Mat 22:38 This is the first and most important commandment.

Mat 22:39 The second most important commandment is like this one. And it is, "Love others as much as you love yourself."

Mat 22:40 All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments.

• cosmo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's really a matter of judgement.

The worst religious war ever was the Taiping Rebellion in China in the 1850s, where millions where killed. The Taipings were a really off-the-wall sort-of Christian sect, but I don't know that this war can honestly be blamed on Christianity.

What about the partition of India? Also millions of deaths, but can they really be assigned to Hindu or Muslim causes?

WWII, WWI, and various other small 20th century wars were not religious in nature.

• 1 decade ago

Catholic Martyrs: there are hundreds and hundreds, but here are some that I can think of off of the top of my head. Saints Perpetua and Felicity, Saint Agnes, St Sebastian, St. George, St.Mark the Evangelist, St. Philip, St. James, St. Dymphna, St.John Nepomucene, St.Joan of Arc, St. Boniface, St.Peter, St.Paul, St. Maria Goretti, St.Thomas Moore, another St. James, St. Christopher, St. Lawrence, St. Tarcisius, St. Isaac Jogues, Blessed Antonia Mesina and St. Regina.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There is no way to count those numbers accurately. Where would you put innocent bystanders who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

“A rational anarchist believes that concepts such as 'Church' ‘state’ and ‘society’ and ‘government’ have no existence save as physically exemplified in the acts of self-responsible individuals. He believes that it is impossible to shift blame, share blame, distribute blame . . . as blame, guilt, responsibility are matters taking place inside human beings singly and nowhere else. But being rational, he knows that not all individuals hold his evaluations, so he tries to live perfectly in an imperfect world . . . aware that his effort will be less than perfect yet undismayed by self-knowledge of self-failure.”

---Robert A. Heinlein

• 1 decade ago

Millions of Catholics were killed by the Nazis. They are now martyrs. The Catholic Church has so many people listed as martyrs for the Faith.

Millions and Millions of Jews were killed by the Nazis. They died for their Faith.

So for the millions and millions of people Christians and Jews who died for their Faith,

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas!

• 1 decade ago

Excuse me. This is information that no one could possibly know or even find. I've never seen such claims here.

Kookoo

Edit: Oh, Robert? Did the questioner name atheists or pagans? Plus, you're WRONG! End of line...

• 1 decade ago

Who cares? None of 'em ever existed anyway.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Athiests have outkilled everyone, with pagans a close second.

The Bible says to do violence to no man. Jesus has not authorized the church to kill anyone.

Luk 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

• FROG E
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

100% have been murdered because of Satan and his lies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.