urinary Infection and your period?

I have a urinary tract infection and my period was not due to start until the 6th of December. I started my period early (yesterday). Will this affect the healing of the UTI? Im on medication to help get rid of the UTI.

Favorite Answer

Having your period will not affect the healing of the UTI. UTI's are caused by bacteria, so as long as you keep everything as clean as possible down there you should be fine. Continue to take your prescribed meds. If your symptoms are still occurring after you have finished the Rx call your dr.

Hope this helps!

You should really ask your Doctor!

But having your period early shouldnt affect the healing of a UTI as its all through different tubes....

your period comes from your cervix and the UTI comes from your urethra.... hope this helps....

Continue to take the medication, and you will be ok. Believe it or not your body has delicate balance of bacteria to keep "down there" your period being one of those things so you're cool! Good Luck!!!

• no. the uterine lining comes from the vaginal canal, not the urine tract. your menstrual cycle wont make a difference

it will not make a difference.. it will still clear up even if you are having your period.. good luck

Source(s): have had tons of uti's and seems to be around when i start my period

nah, you'll be fine, just keep taking your medicine as directed.