Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicOther - Music · 1 decade ago

help me to know about them.?

please tell me a complete bio about cinema bizarre & the members? no link , no site! just write here please.

i can't search it.because iran has a perfect completely filtering for most of foreigner sites .

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Cinema Bizarre is a German rock band from Berlin. The group members met in 2005 at an anime convention. They formed a band, incorporating elements of glam rock, gothic rock, new wave, and visual kei.[1] They signed to Island Records and released their debut album in 2007, which is a hit in Germany and Austria.

The group was a finalist to represent Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2008 with the song "Forever or Never", but was not chosen.

On the 28th of November, 2008, Luminor announced on his Myspace profile that he had to leave Cinema Bizarre. He said this departure was due to health issues, as his condition (unknown to the public) had rapidly declined.

Conte

Background information

Origin Berlin, Germany

Genre(s) Glam rock

Power pop

visual kei

gothic rock

Years active 2005 – present

Label(s) MCA Music, Inc.

Website http://www.cinemabizarre.com

Members

Strify

Shin

Yu

Kiro

Former members

Luminor

* Strify : lead vocals

* Kiro : bass

* Yu : guitar

* Shin : drums

Former Member:

* Luminor : keyboard and second vocals

Temporary member:

* Rom3o : keyboard

[edit] History

According to the band, Strify, Yu and Kiro met at a manga convention in 2005. They talked to Shin and Luminor via internet.

Their names are manga names given by other members of the band. Strify's name came from Cloud Strife of the video games Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Originally, his name was Jack Strify after Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas). Jack was dropped when the band started to develop. Shin's name comes from Shinya, the drummer of the Jrock band Dir en grey, who is a role model for Shin. Kiro's name came from a stuffed monkey Strify has or had named Siro. The 'S' was changed to 'K' due to Kiro's supposed real name. Luminor came from the masculine form of lumina ("moonlight" in Latin). Yu's name came from Yugisaki Yukiru, the author of the manga DN Angel. He was originally named Yukito. However, like Strify, he shortened it to Yuki and later shortened his name again to Yu.

Their first single CD "Lovesongs (They Kill Me)" was released on September 14, 2007, two weeks after their first live performance in the German music show The Dome, Europe's largest music event.[2].

The Norddeutscher Rundfunk (north German television broadcast) nominated the band for the national final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2008, but Cinema Bizarre did not manage to impress the judges as much as No Angels and Carolin Fortenbacher, who made it into the second election round of the final.

Starting on March 28, 2008, they went on a big tour throughout Europe.

In September, 2008, Luminor took a break from going on tour with the band. It was announced that his health was poor and he needed time off in order to get better. While he was on break, Yu's friend Romeo traveled and played with the band.

On November 1, a trailer was released which stated the name of Cinema Bizarre's upcoming album to be 'ToyZ'. The album will be on sale throughout Germany and the rest of Europe from spring 2009.

[edit] Discography

[edit] Albums

* Final Attraction (2007) #9 Germany, #28 Austria, # 30 Italy

01. Lovesongs (They Kill Me)

02. How Does It Feel

03. Silent Scream

04. Get Off

05. Forever or Never

06. Escape to the Stars

07. After the Rain

08. She Waits For Me

09. I Don't Believe

10. The Way We Are

11. Dysfunctional Family

12. Heavensent

13. Angel in Disguise

14. The Silent Place

+ Crashing And Burning -> Not on the album.

+ Deeper And Deeper -> Not on the album.

+ The Other People -> Not on the album.

+ Spaceman -> Not on the album.

THAT'S ALL I COULD GET

HOPE IT HELPS

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.