Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Do you get nervous when a police car gets behind you?

• Ron
    Favorite Answer

Not at all. I have nothing to hide. I am a law abiding citizen. Anyways some of my best friends and drinking partners are cops.

Of course, I do, doesn't everyone? Thing is, is I'm a cop's daughter and have ridden and been around police vehicles my entire life. LOL, I still get nervous. Don't you find yourself quickly checking the speedometer, looking in the rearview mirror, slowing down, moving to the right lane if you are on the freeway. All those little things you learned in Driver's Ed. At my age, you would not think it would bother me, but it shows how engrained the idea of authority is in us as children. Funny thing, I generally love the profession and most of it's officers, I just don't like them driving behind me!

Yes, yes, YES! Talk about a conditoned response, I immediately feel nervous and look at my speedometer, and run through my head whether I passed a light that wasn't green, parked somewhere I shouldn't have, blinked too long or didn't blink, something. That's why I smile when I get pulled over. Too nervous to do otherwise.

yes.. last time one got behind me he pulled me over and searched my car. Found a brand new pipe, a few shotgun shells, salvia, and a book called "60 ways to kill a person" (book is about executions)

but i just got a ticket for my registration being out

Source(s): this was like 3 weeks ago

I automatically get nervous in the presence of police.

A bad habit,and one that probably makes me look suspicious.

LOL

• ?

Only if I have been speeding. I get more alert but not always nervous. But if it's after work, I usually don't even notice until they start tailgating.

Nope because I am not doing anything wrong. There is no reason for me to get nervous.

yes! and frustrating because i go so slow and feel lame because my foot automatically hots the brake when i see the police car! even if i am doing nothing wrong at all.

Some. I think it's a natural reaction. As long as you're doing the right thing. I wouldn't be too concerned about it,

Only when the plates don't belong to the car.