Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

I'm a 13 year old girl and I want a Doll... is that weird?

Is this kind of... strange?

I can't afford to get the Girl Of The Year Mia St. Clair(American Girl) doll. http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/htm...

AH and I can't believe it's the last month of 2008 now :( well back on topic. I'm 13 and I want to get this other figure skating doll cause it will be out for longer than just one year and it costs less:

http://www.target.com/Our-Generation-Kat...

i love figure skating and i started lessons a few months ago. i want to get a lot of other figure skating things. ugh do you think it's embarrassing? cause i know it's like the AG but if i get this Our

Generation that will be my 2nd one since 2002. Well if you don't understand it I'll summarize it:

I want to get the Our Generation Doll because I can afford it and this won't be my last month to get it unlike the American Girl Doll. But I read that it's for ages 5 and up and I'm 13. Now I feel stupid and I don't know if I should ask my parents because they might say it's kind of a shame because I'm 13 and asking for a doll. What should I do???? I NEED HELP *cries*

DO YOU THINK I'M CRAZY!! Just please give advice even if you do :(

:( :(

oh sorry about the links

try this:

Our Generation Doll:

http://www.target.com/Our-Generation-Katelyn-Figur...

American Girl Doll:

http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/ProductP...

Favorite Answer

Omigod Im 13 and I also so want Mia!!!! I always wanted to be a figure skater and a red head, she's the perfect doll. Your so cool.

No, I think more thirteen year old girls should be playing with dolls instead of doing drugs and having sex which is ridiculous at that age. If my daughter asks me for a doll when she is thirteen, I'll give her a big hug and kiss and know I did a good job. I think it's awesome that you want a doll for christmas:)

Go ahead and ask for the doll. I'm halfway to 100 and still collect elephants. If you still think it's weird, what do collectors do? Age is not a true factor. Enjoy!

• Mera

Go for it! Get what you like and don't worry about what other people think. It's fun to have things that reflect your interests and a figure skating doll sounds perfect!

It's not weird. I'm almost 18 & still have a baby doll from when I was a little girl

don't worry get the doll if you want it. im 18 and i bought a tamagotich just because i remember playing with them when i was younger. i don't thinks your stupid or it makes you look younger. get what you want as long as you appreciate it. i wish i could still play with dolls. that why i love raising my nephews, cause i still get to play games an act younger

there are a number of pastimes available, and accumulating is unquestionably one of them. some human beings carry at the same time sport enjoying cards (amazing, no person makes relaxing of teenager elderly boys who carry at the same time those) some human beings carry at the same time stay overall performance tickets, some human beings carry at the same time autographs, and a few human beings carry at the same time toys. i'm here to tell you that i'm a noisy-and-proud toy collector, in particular dolls. I amassed Barbie dolls and different trend dolls as a newborn, then a teenager and in my 20's. i'm in my 30s now and that i carry at the same time asian ball-jointed dolls, that are costly and constrained in quantity. I nevertheless love my different dolls that I easily have amassed, and now and returned I do sell a number of my series to pay for a clean piece. I easily have additionally given away a number of my collectibles as presents to appreciative recipients. that's genuine that a lot of your friends will say that they have "outgrown" toys and dolls, and would make relaxing of you for identifying directly to alter right into a collector, yet easily that creditors do no longer play with dolls a similar way that young infants play with toys. you at the instant are not a toddler for fidgeting with toys, you're a youthful grownup who likes to maintain her series helpful. you're welcome to maintain your accumulating behavior to your self, extremely for now, yet i'm hoping which you will sense no shame approximately that. American woman dolls are outstanding, and there are a number of good issues available for them. i understand teenager creditors and grownup creditors that have, sell, and love their American woman dolls and upload-ons, because of the fact i'm in contact with quite a few interior reach doll golf equipment. in short: What you're doing isn't weird and wonderful or undesirable. have relaxing!

• Jenny

I'm 14, and i haven't wanted a doll for a long time. But naw its not weird. do whatever you want, it doesn't matter what others think

No it's not wierd at all. You want a doll, than you shall have the doll you want. Happy Holidays!

ive seen 80 year olds that still have their porcelain dolls