Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

What does the ending of 2001: A Space Odyssey really mean, anyway?

There are so many different theories...it makes about as much sense as "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)".

I understand that it really may be unexplainable, but which do you think makes the most sense of all of them?

Favorite Answer

The whole movie is about the advancement of man, evolution, and man's tools. The ending is a resurrection, a new stage in human development, beyond the use of technology.

Source(s): I've watched it enough times in film school to get it. And had to write papers on it.

nicely the ending has continuously been complicated to me too and that i comprehend extremely some people who did no longer comprehend the top additionally. such numerous human beings can no longer comprehend the flicks ending and the reasons that have been positioned forward do no longer make any experience to me. i think of while the movie became made they needed a complicated ending i assume diverse human beings will positioned there very own interpretation on it there is no suited ending.