What should I do next--Unlicensed driver and no proof of insurance (in California)?

I got pulled over because I forgot to turn on my headlights. However, I didn't have a license at that time and my permit had already expired. But, I told the police officer that I did have a license because I was scared that they were going to tow the car away. (It wasn't my car. It was my friend's car, and he told... show more I got pulled over because I forgot to turn on my headlights. However, I didn't have a license at that time and my permit had already expired. But, I told the police officer that I did have a license because I was scared that they were going to tow the car away. (It wasn't my car. It was my friend's car, and he told me to drive it to get him some food) I ended up being charged with V.C. 24250, Driving w/out Headlights, V.C. 12951(a) License not in Possession, and V.C. 16028(a) Proof of Insurance. The first two were infractions and the second one a misdemeanor.

Right after, I renewed my permit and today I passed the driving test and got my license. The court date is set in January. Would having my license now help with any of my charges? I'm pretty sure I have to just pay the fine for the headlights charge. I'm more worried about the other two--Is the judge going to impose a more serious charge if they found out I lied to the officer or something? What are my options now, and what can I do to lessen the charges?