metsgal31 asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Is it true that Taylor Lautner from Twilight isn't going to play Jacob Black in New Moon?

My friend told me he's the only actor from Twilight that hasn't been signed for New Moon. Are they planning on casting someone older looking since Jacob Black grows up so much in new Moon? Or are people just not happy with him? He was exactly as I's pictured Jacob, so I have no problem with Taylor playing Jacob in New Moon.

Favorite Answer

NO, Taylor Lautner will still be playing Jacob for 2 reasons, like many sagas like Harry Potter, you can't change an important main charactrer unless- God forbid- that they die- because the fans are going to start a revolt and the sales will drop(you know how crazy these twihards get). Second, As charming and beautiful as Steven Strait is, he doesnt look like how Stephenie Meyer described Jacob in the first two books, lanky, dark-complexioned with white WHITE teeth contasting his skin tone but I do think he might look like the part where Jacob turns big and bulky. But of course if the twilight crew changes their mind, Im still up for it.

taylor is 5'9 and 16- he has the potential to grow at least 2-3 inches till shooting while steven is 6'1 and 22 whick most likely wont grow anymore.

The role of Jacob is now up for grabs as Taylor Lautner announced that he will not be reprising it in the sequel. Summit Entertainment deemed him too young-looking and slight of frame to play the maturing werewolf. So now, the hunt for a Native American young man who fits the description of Jacob Black AND who demonstrates incredible chemistry with Kristen Stewart is on. Can't wait for New Moon!

Not true. Taylor Lautner will be back for New Moon. Most of the cast of Twilight have signed contracts that they'll be back for both New Moon (mostly coming in 2010) and Eclipse (if, hopefully, they make one). They haven't signed into Breaking Dawn yet, though I have no idea how they're going to do that one. (No, I like BD, juist wondering HOW.)

They were talking about his height issue and how in New Moon jacob develops so fast and becomes really big. But I doubt they'll replace any of the characters, or there goes a lot of fans. And it will ruin everything. Everyone will be complaining about it.

TAYLOR LAUTNER IS JACOB BLACK

nothing will ever change that =]

I heard that since he grows in New Moon that they are planning on using the guy from the movie Sky High. the one that can produce flames out of his body.

hes playing jacob in new moon. all the actors/actresses are signed up for 3 movies.

i think that the director (catherine hardwick) isnt signed up for new moon but is most likely going to do it. im not positive about this though

I don't think so. I read something that said all the cast members have signed on for New Moon.

I read today in Entertainment Weekly that he was shorter than they would like but I think they'll keep him. It's too late to change him now.

he IS.. which im glad for

he's even planning to bulk up since in New Moon he becomes a werewolf =] lol

That is untrue. All the actors agreed to do all the movies.