Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why do some people think that the Qur'an is not the word of God?

When there is a lot of evidence, especially scientific. He is some things that non muslim scientist and professors have said about the Qur'an.

1-Dr. William W. Hay is a well-known marine scientist. He is Professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado, USA. He was formerly the Dean of the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science at the University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA. After a discussion with Professor Hay about the Quran’s mention of recently discovered facts on seas, he said:

“I find it very interesting that this sort of information is in the ancient scriptures of the Holy Quran, and I have no way of knowing where they would come from, but I think it is extremely interesting that they are there and that this work is going on to discover it, the meaning of some of the passages.” And when he was asked about the source of the Quran, he replied: “Well, I would think it must be the divine being.”

2-Dr. Gerald C. Goeringer is Course Director and Associate Professor of Medical Embryology at the Department of Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA.

“In a relatively few aayahs (Quranic verses) is contained a rather comprehensive description of human development from the time of commingling of the gametes through organogenesis. No such distinct and complete record of human development, such as classification, terminology, and description, existed previously. In most, if not all, instances, this description antedates by many centuries the recording of the various stages of human embryonic and fetal development recorded in the traditional scientific literature.”

3-Dr. Yoshihide Kozai is Professor Emeritus at Tokyo University, Hongo, Tokyo, Japan, and was the Director of the National Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. He said:

“I am very much impressed by finding true astronomical facts in [the] Quran, and for us the modern astronomers have been studying very small pieces of the universe. We’ve concentrated our efforts for understanding of [a] very small part. Because by using telescopes, we can see only very few parts [of] the sky without thinking [about the] whole universe. So, by reading [the] Quran and by answering to the questions, I think I can find my future way for investigation of the universe.”

4-Dr. E. Marshall Johnson is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Developmental Biology at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. There, for 22 years he was Professor of Anatomy, the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy, and the Director of the Daniel Baugh Institute. He was also the President of the Teratology Society. He has authored more than 200 publications.

“Summary: The Quran describes not only the development of external form, but emphasizes also the internal stages, the stages inside the embryo, of its creation and development, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science.”

Also he said: “As a scientist, I can only deal with things which I can specifically see. I can understand embryology and developmental biology. I can understand the words that are translated to me from the Quran. As I gave the example before, if I were to transpose myself into that era, knowing what I knew today and describing things, I could not describe the things which were described. I see no evidence for the fact to refute the concept that this individual, Muhammad, had to be developing this information from some place. So I see nothing here in conflict with the concept that divine intervention was involved in what he was able to write.

5-Dr. Joe Leigh Simpson is the Chairman of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Professor of Molecular and Human Genetics at the Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA. Formerly, he was Professor of Ob-Gyn and the Chairman of the Department of Ob-Gyn at the University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, USA. He was also the President of the American Fertility Society. He has received many awards, including the Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology Public Recognition Award in 1992. Professor Simpson studied the following two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad :

{In every one of you, all components of your creation are collected together in your mother’s womb by forty days...}2

{If forty-two nights have passed over the embryo, God sends an angel to it, who shapes it and creates its hearing, vision, skin, flesh, and bones....}3

He studied these two sayings of the Prophet Muhammad extensively, noting that the first forty days constitute a clearly distinguishable stage of embryo-genesis. He was particularly impressed by the absolute precision and accuracy of those sayings of the Prophet Muhammad . Then, during one conference, he gave the following opinion:

“So that the two hadeeths (the sayings of the Prophet Muhammad ) that have been noted provi

@@@ If you people read, Its says NON MUSLIM SCIENTISTS have confirmed the Qur'an is the word of God.

Favorite Answer

I believe that Quran is word of God.. It neither critized any of the Prophets..

And we muslims.. are much more guided aright rather than any other religion including athiesm when compared to the statistics...This proves it is word of God..

You want a miracle of Quran..

read it..

Dr. T.V. N Persaud..

"It seems to me that Muhammad was a very ordinary man, he couldn't read, didn't know how to write, in fact he was an illiterate...

We're talking about 1400 years ago, you have some illiterate person making profound statements that are amazingly accurate, of a scientific nature...

Joe Leigh Simpson

"... these Hadiths (sayings of Muhammad) could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available at the time of the 'writer'... It follows that not only is there no conflict between genetics and religion (Islam) but in fact religion (Islam) may guide science by adding revelation to some of the traditional scientific approaches... There exist statements in the Qur'an shown centuries later to be valid which support knowledge in the Qur'an having been derived from God." [1]

He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh and in His Messenger Muhammed SAW) hate (it)[]{9}61:9

Foetal development was well known to the Greek physicians of Ptolemaic Egypt who practised anatomy and founded the science of anatomy. Perhaps some of the Arabs who invaded Egypt read some of the books in the library at Alexandria before they burnt it down and later when Uthman put the koran together they were some of the people who contributed.

so you needed western names to give ur statement credentials plz

ppl do not accept the koran because they r not muslim they have their own views beliefs and religions

i dont know about ur religion but all u need to do iis look at nassa rediscovery yes they rediscovered what Hindus already new of the man made bridge between sri lanka and india that is many many many centuries old this bridge is written about in the Ramayan and well id say there is more proof of Hindu texts being valid dont you

This is why:

“This is what the Lord says – Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord of Heaven’s Armies: ‘I am the First and the Last; there is no other God. Who is like me? Let him step forward and prove to you his power. Let him do as I have done since ancient times when I established a people and explained its future.’” Isaiah 44:6-7 (NLT)

Your book fails this test and it is the only one that matters.

The Profit Muhammad wrote it down after a bump on the head.

• ArunS

Every religion claims exclusivity on truth. Many have holy books they claim were written by god himself. This is the principle reason why religions come into conflict with each other.

Can you quote me even one instance where it claims that it is?

Holy Scripture does:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

I find it funny when Christians say that the Quran can't be the word of god but the bible without a doubt is.

not one holy book has been written by god. it is the hand of man that put the letters down and arranged them the way he wanted them. say what you will. truth is truth.

Muhammed was born almost 600 years after Christ.

He tried to re-write history and falsify the teachings of Christ by writing the Quran.

Muslims (and Islam) say Jesus was a prophet but they reject all His teachings ...that is hypocrisy...

They deny the divinity of Christ.

they deny his claim to be the Son of God;

they deny his death on the cross...

they deny His ressurrection..

They deny Jesus is the Christ/ Messiah...

In fact, the Quran says: "Allah has no son".

Need I say more...?

Don't be deceived. The Islamic god is totally different than the God of Jesus Christ .

The Bible calls Muhammed and those like him False prophets.....

"Who is a liar but he that denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is anti-Christ, that denies the Father and the Son. He that denies the Son, the same has not the Father." (I John 2:22)