Tomato Soup Spice Cake
(Sounds funny- but so does Carrot Cake)
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup butter
* 1/2 teaspoon salt (you can use a lot less)
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
* 1 cup raisins
1. Combine the tomato soup and the soda in a bowl, and let it stand.
2. Cream sugar, egg, butter, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix in tomato soup and soda mixture, and then flour. Stir in the raisins, and pour the batter in a greased baking dish.
3. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1 hour, or until done. Cool the cake, and top with cream cheese icing.