Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Only marine recruiters or marines answer this..?

About 5 months ago, for about a month span, i smoked weed ocasionally...i dont think i did it more then 10 times at the most....should i tell my marine recruiter or anybody at the meps? because i heard i could get job restrictions or maybe not even get in...other then that month i have been totally clean

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You Need to tell your recruiter. Since you've smoked less than 200 times it will be deemed "experimental". That means no waivers, no lying to MEPS, etc. The important thing is that you know the time period in which you were smoking and that you also relay that to your recruiter.

Source(s): Marine recruiter's gf - I'm rather familiar with the process. lol.
  • 4 years ago

Yes, it is never too early to start planning for your future. I would also agree with the previous commentator, speak to your parents and if possible arrange an interview at your local recruiting office with your parents. In the UK the armed forces often attend upper schools to give talks on their service to the pupils. Schools over here also have carrers advise officers who can also be a good source of information.

• 1 decade ago

I wouldn't You probaly can get in aloth of trouble. Just dont tell anyone

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

a lot of people will say tell them, but its totally unnecessary

IF THE WEED IS OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM THERE IS NO WAY THEY WILL KNOW UNLESS YOU TELL THEM, DONT SMOKE ANY MORE WEED AND DONT TELL ANYONE

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you haven't gotten caught don't tell anyone.

Why get in trouble for something you no longer do?

Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Tell your recruiter. If you lie to your recruiter, and the Corps, and they find out later, you can be severely reprimanded or even dishonorably discharged.

Source(s): Ex was in the Marines, failed several drugs tests
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

why would you tell them? integrity? don't be foolish

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.