promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Retailer asking for more money after the sale?

Ok today we bought a wardrobe in a closing down sale, (not MFI!) It was a really good price and sold as seen. The wardrobe is still in the shop due to be delivered on the 15th Dec. A couple of hours later they rang me to say that they had made a mistake and I had to pay an extra £100 or they would refund me. Can they do this??

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you've got a sales receipt and a copy of the delivery order, you can threaten to take them to court if they fail to deliver your purchased item. Or get a friend with a lorry and go pick it up yourself.

In fact, it's probably best to see if you can arrange to pick it up because they might wait until the 15th to tell you someone else has already bought it.

"Oh! We're really sorry! We had someone helping out and he didn't know the wardrobe had been sold, so he sold it to another customer. Really sorry! Here's your money back. Sorry about that...(sucker)."

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

No. It is yours. But you may want to be nice and return it. They may make the salesperson pay for the loss out of her salary..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you have a sales receipt, there's nothing they can do. If you don't, they can change the price.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.