Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 decade ago

Christmas Party On-Trays?

My boss asked me to bring two on-trays to our christmas party, but I honestly don't know what to put on the trays. I'm the only African-American in the office, and my coworkers are extremely hostile towards me, as is the boss, and I'm afraid to ask any of them as they would most likely mock me all the more for my lack of knowledge. Do you think I'd be correct in assuming he's asking for appetizers, since they most often come on trays? He specifically said it should be on trays. My friends and family have not been much help with this, they are just as puzzled as I am.

• claude
    Favorite Answer

Did he mean 2 'entrees'? (which would be pronounced like on-trays) - then he's asking for appetisers.

Yes, appetizers on 2 trays is what your boss is expecting. One could be xmas cookies and another a dip in the center and veggies surround.

If you want to get extravagant, just purchase the ready to go Shrimp cocktail tray and a square pizza on a square tray.

Rise to the occasion and ignore the hostility. Maybe, this is to test you, and you will pass the test. Also, look at them as testing your mettle and you passing w/flying colors without a worry (that they know of).

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

my dear you go buy some carrots,celery stalks,cucumber,broccoli,and cucumber salad dressing.

get a tray and a dip bowl.

cut each vegetable into three ins long strips..like chicken fingers..

then you put your bowl into the middle of the tray and place the vegetables around the tray very pretty..

cover this with plastic wrap..you need to do this the night before work..

and put it in the fridge,you take the dip in the bottle so you could put it at work to avoid spilling..

next tray.

you get a mixture of cookies or lunch meat with crackers,either one ok..

and decorate the tray with this cover with plastic wrap.

if you are using the lunch meat you will have to keep this in the fridge too..

if you are using the cookies just do it the morning you are going in..

take some nice christmas tissiue along for good measure..

good luck my dear..Merry Christmas..

I would ask him if he meant entree which is pronounced like "ontray".

Because he may want you to bring something like a salad and a side dish, or even a main dish.

Because an entree in defined as:

(note #2)

1 a: the act or manner of entering : b: freedom of entry or access

2: the main course of a meal in the United States

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entree

--------------

(and #1 here)

1.

a. The main dish of a meal.

b. A dish served in formal dining immediately before the main course or between two principal courses.

2.

a. The act of entering.

b. The power, permission, or liberty to enter; admittance

http://www.answers.com/topic/entr-e

fruit grows on forest or vines and fresh vegetables grow in the earth.

yupp, appetizers work.

on one entree there should be something christmasy, like cupcakes with red and green sprinkles, and on the other one put something healthy.

merry christmas (: :D