My boyfriend tells me my dark brunette hair makes me look mysterious/sinister/smart ... please read.?

I am a 21 yo Caucasian female with light skin, brown eyes, and dark brown hair that is thick and wavy. I don't have highlights or anything ... my hair is just one shade of brown. I have grown up watching girls bleach their hair in order to be blonde and pretty. I have just stuck with my brown hair and always... show more I am a 21 yo Caucasian female with light skin, brown eyes, and dark brown hair that is thick and wavy. I don't have highlights or anything ... my hair is just one shade of brown. I have grown up watching girls bleach their hair in order to be blonde and pretty. I have just stuck with my brown hair and always believed I looked quite plain and boring. When I told my boyfriend he said there is an element of mystery about Caucasian girls with darker hair, because nearly all girls go lighter - so it looks mysterious to have darker hair. I was food shopping today and took note of people's hair colour and counted waaaay more lighter haired blone girls, only a handful of brunettes. So, basically, I want to know if its true that Caucasian brunettes are 'mysterious' or whatever that means. And why are blondes so popular? BTW I live in Australia, if that helps...